Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco deliveries going missing

Options
  • 31-10-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Has anyone else got issues with Tesco deliveries this week? I've had two no-shows without as much as a phone call... but they've charged my credit card all right!

Seems to be a promotion running with €1 deliveries, but it's hardly rocket science not to take on more than you can handle, is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I had that last week. Driver called and said he was sorry but he was assigned more deliveries than it was possible to deliver in his shift and my goods need to go back on the van and the next driver will deliver it. He estimated the delivery would be an hour late.

3 hours later I call tesco (UK number) and explain the situation. They called the driver and then the driver called me. Same story... He said he is sorry but he simply has too many deliveries assigned and my stuff was left on the van and his shifts deliveries were put on which shoved my stuff to the back of the van so she couldn't even deliver my stuff first and he isn't even sure if he will get to us.......

So I call tesco back (UK number again) and they called the store and refund me a tenner.

Que a call from the store. The lady who called said she is sorry but the van with my delivery broke down and its delaying my delivery! I laughed and told her what two drivers already told me. She just stuttered and said she couldn't confirm what the drivers said and I cab choose to believe her or not and that was the end of the call.....

5 hours late my delivery showed up with 5 missing items and 2 wrong items.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

^^ I'd have likely enough refused delivery and demanded a refund. You KNOW (pretty certain from what both drivers told you) that your shopping has been sat in that van for hours. Now I know the van has some refridgeration - I don't know how good it is - but still, just sat there for that long I don't want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I am an ex Tesco driver,sometimes there is too many deliveries per driver,the range covered by some drivers is crazy also!it doesn't necessarily come from your local store!in my case I used travel 60 miles from my store to do deliveries,passing another 3 Tesco stores in the process!i aint defending them but I do have inside knowledge of how it works and its flaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 catkit

It definitely seems to have gone worse recently, according to the drivers all Dublin orders come from Clare Hall now even if you're on the southside. No wonder vans get stuck in traffic and so on.

My shopping from Tuesday *still* hasn't turned up, despite the store manager promising that the missing order from Thursday was going to be delivered yesterday evening (for free). The for free part kind of made up for it, until I realised they weren't going to turn up again...

catkit wrote: »
    It definitely seems to have gone worse recently, according to the drivers all Dublin orders come from Clare Hall now even if you're on the southside. No wonder vans get stuck in traffic and so on.

My shopping from Tuesday *still* hasn't turned up, despite the store manager promising that the missing order from Thursday was going to be delivered yesterday evening (for free). The for free part kind of made up for it, until I realised they weren't going to turn up again...

Free shopping, wines or chocolates, they hand those out a bit but more so at Christmas in my experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 dotcomedy

hdowney wrote: »
    ^^ I'd have likely enough refused delivery and demanded a refund. You KNOW (pretty certain from what both drivers told you) that your shopping has been sat in that van for hours. Now I know the van has some refridgeration - I don't know how good it is - but still, just sat there for that long I don't want it.

I am a driver.
    You can cancel any order anytime. No problems there. You can even reject the whole shop or some of the shop at the door.
    As for the vans. They are top class fridge and freezers and will keep your food fresh and frozen longer than a household fridge.

We are getting snowed under . Its not just due to the 1 euro thing, its been building strong sales for a long time now. They really need to invest more in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dotcomedy

poop

dotcomedy wrote: »
    I am a driver.
    You can cancel any order anytime. No problems there. You can even reject the whole shop or some of the shop at the door.
    As for the vans. They are top class fridge and freezers and will keep your food fresh and frozen longer than a household fridge.

We are getting snowed under . Its not just due to the 1 euro thing, its been building strong sales for a long time now. They really need to invest more in it.

Jasus you must really be married to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@dotcomedy & KC161 please post on topic.

dudara

Advertisement