Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Car Park Westside: many cars but few people?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭bobbyss

They do have the right to tell you that you may not use customer parking during your work hours. I'd imagine that SC staff park in the Dyke Rd carpark.

What gives them that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

bobbyss wrote: »

Most likely the fact they own and operate it?!!!!

Most likely the fact they own and operate it?!!!!

Who owns the car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bobbyss wrote: »

It's very likely a condition of their lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Buy a bike or buy a car park then be no problems you could park across as many spots as ya like.:D

• Advertisement

It's very likely a condition of their lease.

Yes, that would most probably be the way it works. I have seen some employees in the SC park their cars early morning for the day whilst others may have to park off site and probably pay. It depends who you work for I suppose.

Anyway, I am surprised that there does not seem to be anything done about my initial point re people parking in Westside Aldi and leaving to go down town. The thought of shopping there is hard enough given how difficult it is to exit.

They do have the right to tell you that you may not use customer parking during your work hours. I'd imagine that SC staff park in the Dyke Rd carpark.

Some employees definitely park in the SC car park. Have seen them arriving in the morning or a couple of times sitting in their cars eating lunch and walking back into work.

Some employees definitely park in the SC car park. Have seen them arriving in the morning or a couple of times sitting in their cars eating lunch and walking back into work.

Yes, I have seen them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

There are also offices, other shops with Aldi.

Surprised you are calling it Aldi car park like if is in its own there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

People do park in free spaces and move onto town. Right where I am is a small shopping area and the car park is invariably full during the week. It's clear people from out of town park there and get the bus the rest of the way.

In Dublin the Square shopping centre in Tallaght introduced parking charges for anything over two hours because so many people were parking there for free and getting the Luas into town. Plus with the local Tallaght hospital charging rip off prices for their car park many visitiors park in the Square instead of the hospital.

That may also be happening in Aldi because of the closeness of the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

It was like a zoo today at lunchtime. Cars everywhere looking for a spot. There was a guy in a yellow jacket telling you to go all the around in an attempt to make a one way flow. There was about forty cars trying to exit when I went in. I've never seen the place that bad.

Advertisement