Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 arena seating

Options
  • 31-10-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello there.. I got tickets for Ben Howard in the 3 arena now in April and its saying I got standing tickets.. Please tell me I won't have to be standing for it cos its not the type of concert to be standing at lol would they be making the standing area into a seated area for the event?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

con14 wrote: »
    Hello there.. I got tickets for Ben Howard in the 3 arena now in April and its saying I got standing tickets.. Please tell me I won't have to be standing for it cos its not the type of concert to be standing at lol would they be making the standing area into a seated area for the event?

Did you buy seated tickets at the time, but they arrived as standing? If so, let ticketmaster know.

Can't imagine they'd have oversold seated tickets. Also can't see them making it a seated gig as I'd imagine the majority will be interested in standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

con14 wrote: »

No, according to the ticketmaster page for that gig and the drop down menus for ticket options, the ground floor for that gig is fully standing.

I think you are better off with the standing tickets. They are five euros less expensive and you'll be able to get closer to the stage and as well as that it's saying there's limited availability for much of the seated blocks.

So I guess there is a big demand for the tickets, so maybe, even if you had chosen to buy seats as soon as they went on sale, there'd have been no guarantee you'd have got a particularly good seat.

The ticketmaster options when buying online doesn't allow you to select your own seat for the live music gigs, in the same way that it does if you were buying a ticket for a football match in Croke Park or the Aviva or a theatre event in the Gaiety or Bord Gais Energy Theatre, where they use an interactive seat map.

In situations where a gig, that has huge demand, goes on sale, it's easier and quicker to just select standing, whereas if you select seating, you then have the scenario where when it selects seats, you never know if it is actually the best available.

After you go ahead and buy whatever it selects, you may find later on that it selects other better seats, that may have been selected and then given up by other customers who were browsing ticket availability at the same time as you bought the other ones.

Advertisement