Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you claim back tax on DASP IN tax return?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I suspect I can't but just thought I'd check here because doing a Google search for this doesn't seem to help and just leads me to "taxback.com" and other money-making artists.

I got my Departing Australia Superannuation Payment paid to me back in July. Tax on this was 38%. But on the letter it mentioned keeping the reference number etc for my tax return. I was under the assumption that I couldn't claim back this tax, but this confused me.

I did my tax return for year ended 30/6/2014 awhile back, and there was a section for this superannuation. I filled in the info, but it wouldn't allow me to enter it as I received my superannuation after the 30 June year end.

So I'm a bit confused. Am I to do another tax return next year, even though I will not have been in Australia at all during the 2014/15 year, to claim back the 38% tax on my DASP, or do I just do nothing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭scouser82

Can somebody please help with this?

Anytime I type "Claim back DASP withholding tax" into Google, I just get a load of crap from taxback agencies about how they can help you claim your super back! Not what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

Tax on the DASP is a final tax and cannot be reclaimed as far as I am aware

Advertisement