Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Invisible Folder?

• 31-10-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

My DS was using my phone (5s) the other day and ever since I cannot find one of my folders. I go to spotlight search, type in one of the apps I'm looking for and it brings it up but the whole folder is not, anywhere, on my phone... How do I find this folder??? Can folders be made invisible?

I can type in all the other apps that I know are in this folder when I go into spotlight search and it says it's still on my phone and the folder name is to the right of it. I cannot figure this out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

That didn't work :( but it seems it's exactly what happened... how can a 3yrd old figure this stuff out!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Have you try a good old reboot.. I have noticed iOS 8 (if that is what you have installed) can be a buggy at times

Have you try a good old reboot.. I have noticed iOS 8 (if that is what you have installed) can be a buggy at times

Is that holding the home button and power button together til the apple logo shows? if so yea tried that too

what version of the OS are you running.. I have a feeling it is a bug with the software ?

• Advertisement

what version of the OS are you running.. I have a feeling it is a bug with the software ?

8.1 on a 5s

Interesting can you go to Settings -> General -> Usage ->Manage Storage
    Does the apps show up there ?

Interesting can you go to Settings -> General -> Usage ->Manage Storage
    Does the apps show up there ?

Yea they're all showing up there

Yea they're all showing up there

A strange one I should say.. Did the kid maybe move all the apps from folder X to various different folder.. If not, me think it is a bug with iOS 8.1 but trying google can't find anyone else who reported it :o

A strange one I should say.. Did the kid maybe move all the apps from folder X to various different folder.. If not, me think it is a bug with iOS 8.1 but trying google can't find anyone else who reported it :o

I've gone through all the other folders - don't have that many either and the apps aren't in any of them?? I really can't figure this one out. He must be a computer genius!

• Advertisement

I've gone through all the other folders - don't have that many either and the apps aren't in any of them?? I really can't figure this one out. He must be a computer genius!

I would try this with one of the missing app (one that you don't mind redownloading)

Go to Settings -> General -> Usage ->Manage Storage -> Select the app and hit Delete App.

Now go back to App Store and try and redownload the app and see if it shows up then

I would try this with one of the missing app (one that you don't mind redownloading)

Go to Settings -> General -> Usage ->Manage Storage -> Select the app and hit Delete App.

Now go back to App Store and try and redownload the app and see if it shows up then

FOUND THE FOLDER !!!!!!!

I deleted an app and It just downloaded to the same folder which was stuck inside a folder within another folder :confused: but I've found it now and dragged it back to where it should be.

THANK YOU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Halloween strangeness..

FOUND THE FOLDER !!!!!!!

I deleted an app and It just downloaded to the same folder which was stuck inside a folder within another folder :confused: but I've found it now and dragged it back to where it should be.

THANK YOU!

He must be watching Youtube.. this is how to do it in iOS 8.1 if your interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cntt5j0Ri9E and it seems to be a bug in the OS :)

Advertisement