Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineers code for SW 1070

Options
  • 31-10-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi All,

So nearly 6th months ago I got an new GSM module installed in my alarm system... However I have been having issues with Three signal where I live and have been constantly getting GSM failure when the signal drops.. I would like to change to either a Vodafone or o2 sim card.. However I can't seem to get a hold off the installer who initially did the install for me.. I would like to swap the sim card myself to see if it fixes the issue but wondering if anybody knows what the engineers code could be ? :o

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi All,

So nearly 6th months ago I got an new GSM module installed in my alarm system... However I have been having issues with Three signal where I live and have been constantly getting GSM failure when the signal drops.. I would like to change to either a Vodafone or o2 sim card.. However I can't seem to get a hold off the installer who initially did the install for me.. I would like to swap the sim card myself to see if it fixes the issue but wondering if anybody knows what the engineers code could be ? :o

Thanks

The default is 4567. This would of being on the day of an install. You do not need the code to change the sim either way. Get the new sim and put it into a phone. Turn off sim lock. If you set up the sim up on line they will send a sim with a code for checking credit and topping up on line. Makes life easier if you need to do same. Down power alarm, mains. Open control panel and disconnect the battery. Change sim then power back up on battery and close. Turn back on mains and then test.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

altor wrote: »
    The default is 4567. This would of being on the day of an install. You do not need the code to change the sim either way. Get the new sim and put it into a phone. Turn off sim lock. If you set up the sim up on line they will send a sim with a code for checking credit and topping up on line. Makes life easier if you need to do same. Down power alarm, mains. Open control panel and disconnect the battery. Change sim then power back up on battery and close. Turn back on mains and then test.

Well the minute I turn of the mains and try and open the panel.. the external sounders go off in the front and back of the house.. while the internal one seems fine :(

Well the minute I turn of the mains and try and open the panel.. the external sounders go off in the front and back of the house.. while the internal one seems fine :(

It should do that as there is a back up battery in the external bell. The other one must be a dummy. It should turn off after 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

altor wrote: »
    It should do that as there is a back up battery in the external bell. The other one must be a dummy. It should turn off after 15 minutes.

Thanks Altor.. will give it a try in the morning :D

Thanks Altor.. will give it a try in the morning :D

No problem, any other questions let us know ☺

• Advertisement
Advertisement