Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water babies

Options
  • 31-10-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever done this? Any experiences thoughts on cost? Thinking on Putting our 4 week old in one of these 10 week courses.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, did about 4 terms or more I think.

Well worth it to try it anyway for a term. Baby will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

We started when my daughter was 3 months old she is now nearly 3 and still loves it. She can dive in a swim to the surface all by herself

It is pricey - Eur 200 per term (works out at Eur20 per class)

I would do it again in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I thought it was very overpriced. Just going for regular sessions at 8€ a session worked fine for us. From reports of people who did it the reviews were mixed.

Started with our little one was four months old, is 3 now and not far off swimming independently with no flotation devices.
    Well, well worth it for us.

I had a fear of water as a child and am a crap swimmer. I wasn't that bothered about the learning to swim aspect, it was more about ensuring he had no fear of water, and learned how to get out of the water should he fall in.

He'll now dive in, sink down, pop up again and make his way to the side of the pool where he can climb out if he wants or hold on to the side.

I would also do it again in a heartbeat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I decided against it due to the cost and if you miss a lesson you lose the class

we go to a drop in class locally which costs 5.50e a class. i meet a girl there who said it is the very same as waterbabies, she had done 2 terms with water babies

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Our water babies let's us make up classes if we miss them. It is expensive but you could do a term to see what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Too much money I think. We go to cuidiu baby swimming sessions for getting them used to water young. Way cheaper. My 3 year old then started lessons locally at a pool at 2 1/2 and can swim unaided now. Underwater too.

Don't think water babies is worth it at all, our pool session is straight after theirs.it looks like a series of songs in water, which is fun, but not for that price.

And the photo session is mental money. Is it 300 euro for a photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You probably start your session after an infant class, it's all about making the babies feel at ease in the water. The classes for the older kids aren't like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You probably start your session after an infant class, it's all about making the babies feel at ease in the water. The classes for the older kids aren't like that.

Yes, they are infants alright. Are they cheaper then?

pwurple wrote: »
    Yes, they are infants alright. Are they cheaper then?

Nope, same price for different levels in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We did water babies for 2 years with my son and I found the staff very flexible with taking extra classes if we missed some. All in all, it's a lovely thing to do with your baby/toddler. It's certainly expensive but the company is very professional and the instructors are great with the babies. I really couldn't say a bad thing about the company or the classes. We just didn't have the time or the spare cash to do it with our second. We did two courses with her and then stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Booked today for 15th nov. Gonna give it a try. Gonna miss one class and they have no alternative so we forfeit that class. 230€ For 10 classes and the photoshoot. We will be doing it Harold's cross. Photos then start from 84.99 for a 10x 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

greenman09 wrote: »
    Booked today for 15th nov. Gonna give it a try. Gonna miss one class and they have no alternative so we forfeit that class. 230€ For 10 classes and the photoshoot. We will be doing it Harold's cross. Photos then start from 84.99 for a 10x 8.

That photo price sounds very expensive. I just ordered some extra prints from a family photo session and an 8x10 was 35 euro. Is it an individual or a group photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

One photo they said on the phone. Waiting in the welcome pack which will have s price breakdown. Will post when arrives

greenman it's an underwater photo. Think the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind album!

We got one, balked initially at the price but it's an amazing picture, really good quality and I'm really glad we did. It's not a photo we'd ever manage ourselves or with a regular photographer.

Advertisement