Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting asked for ID - do you hate it?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

God, I hate it, drives me mad. Feel like I'm doing something I shouldn't be or something whenever I'm asked for it :o :pac:

Fellow young-ish Boardsies, do you hate being asked for ID? Do you get asked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I'm 22 now and still get asked in Lidl/Aldi about 9/10 times, but it's their policy to ask practically everyone. My parents have been asked if they're over 18, but not asked for ID. :pac:

Pubs, clubs and anywhere else less and less now fortunately.

Not something that really bothers me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

I'm 30 now but sometimes I get asked for ID in clubs. I don't know whether that's a good thing, or a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I used to hate being asked for ID, when I was 16/17

But now I'm over-age, I love it, I'm all like "bitch please, I am over-age"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Its not something i take much notice to. everywhere i go im asked for id. ID in work, ID for driving, ID for social, ID for bank so on its just a part of my life and i dont hesitate. when im qued up i have my id ready. pure natural habit. but like the other day i forgot my id going into Tesco bought a bottle of vodka walked upto the counter totally oblivious didn't even get asked(the perks of having a beard probably :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Yes, I hate it. I look very young for my age and am very self conscious about it. Apart from that, I do drink a lot and I feel as if they are judging me.

Went to Tesco today to pick up some alcohol and the guy behind the counter (youngish lad) saw me take out the ID and just sort of ushered me to stop. Made me feel good, tbh. :pac: The older people can almost seem doubtful at times, examining my passport for ages. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Eh, I don't really care. I don't drink or smoke, so I rarely get asked. Although I was asked yesterday buying the lotto!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I just find it kinda weird. Like one day Ill be asked and another day I wont.. Like do I look 16/17 one day and clearly over 18 another?
    Some places such as Aldi just ask for it straight off though, they dont even look at you.
    Funny people mentioned Lidl, I dunno have I ever been ID'd in any of the Lidls Ive bought drink in..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

S'never really bothered me tbh. I mean, I always have ID on me, they're just doing their job by asking, and I'm more than likely taking my wallet out anyway so it's not as if it adds much to the process y'know?

It is nice when they don't ask though. Although when they don't I always assume it's because they think I'm a haggard wino or something...

Sidenote: I look like a complete twat in my age card photo, and bouncers/bar staff have laughed right in my face on more than one occasion upon viewing it... :o

Advertisement