Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virgin spaceship 2 crashes

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

This seems to point towards mistake by co-pilot, pulling lever to unfold wings at mach 1 instead of at mach 1.2 or 1.4. Gives a fair bit of detail. Pilot some how got out and parachuted to ground with just shoulder injury, co-pilot was still in his seat when it reached ground

Link 4 days back said same, lol.

No one reads stuff on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Harold Finchs Machine

nokia69 wrote: »
    sub orbital flights are not progress, it was done decades ago
    And yet we still can't do it when we want.
    They're not going to want to be launched using a hybrid rocket anymore, that's for sure.
    Paraffin-based fuels could allow safer, hybrid designs to rival the best liquid-fueled rockets

spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/space-flight/wax-fuel-gives-hybrid-rockets-more-oomph

We shouldn't, not on a useless sub-orbital rich man's plaything. Orbit or nothing.
    5 big companies working on Sub Orbit with eyes on Orbit, stepping stone. A needed one when nearly 10% of the stuff we try to send up still doesn't even make it.

NASA pondering $1.5 million stratospheric airship competition

networkworld.com/article/2844938/cloud-security/nasa-pondering-1-5-million-stratospheric-airship-competition.html

It'll all add up.

Hell, "Are ya going to Space" is gonna be added to Life Insurance Policys, possibly bringing down the price to insure stuff for the big guys. Cheaper launchs. Win/Win.

Spacesuit? Helmet? Life insurance? Space tourist loophole may end

reuters.com/article/2014/11/06/us-space-crash-virgin-insurance-analysis-idUSKBN0IP2XO20141106

shedweller wrote: »
    They're working on another airframe apparently. Whether it is the same design or something new is unknown to me at this point. If i were them i would question the whole feathering idea.
    It does keep the craft from re-entering too fast and in turn, eliminate the need for expensive and heavy shielding. But it is a disaster waiting to happen. Imagine it got stuck in the feathered position for landing...
    I dont recall any testing done on that front.
    Same but just bigger i think...will hold 6 passengers, pic of it on VirGalactic site with new statement.
    virgingalactic.com/statement-from-virgin-galactic/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 A Little Baby Elephant

FAITH, Hope and Tragedy: Engineers Cope With SpaceShipTwo Loss

nbcnews.com/storyline/virgin-voyage/faith-hope-tragedy-engineers-cope-spaceshiptwo-loss-n252256

Advertisement