Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quailty car charger

Options
  • 31-10-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi, if this is not in the right forum please move it.
    I'm looking for a good car charger as the one I have just about keeps the phone on trickle. I do a lot of driving and while the phone is connected to the vans Bluetooth I just need a better one incase I run the battery down. The connection is a micro usb.
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dc-20

I have one years and would recommend it.

For your next phone you might consider something with wireless charging function then use it with this:>CR-200

Very handy if you do a lot of driving

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Depends on your phone, I couldn't keep my phone charged (Lumia 1020) with GPS on when abroad using a 1amp charger. Purchased a 2amp charger. Specifically one of these:

http://www.adverts.ie/apple/dual-2-usb-port-car-charger-for-iphone-samsung-sony-htc/5900839

Nearly flush with the port and no problems at all. Check your devices charger 5v output and aim for that as a minimum but gernerally two amps is a safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks for the replies, I have a twin port 1A+2A but can't seem to fully keep the phone at a full charge.

Payton wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, I have a twin port 1A+2A but can't seem to fully keep the phone at a full charge.

Does it actually do the spec?

A lot of cheap chargers dont do as advertised, not mention a lot being made to a poor standard and can be a fire hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Is there a way to check?

• Advertisement

Payton wrote: »
    Is there a way to check?

You would need someone with an ammeter to check

Advertisement