Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring euros from Irish bank account to UK sterling account

Options
  • 31-10-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

I live in the UK, but have some money in my Irish account which I would like to transfer to my UK sterling account. This amount is around 3k euros - would anyone be able to help me/advise what the cheapest way to transfer this would be? Both in cost of transferring but also so that I don't loose much on the exchange rate - I've never transferred before so I'm not sure what to look out for!

Thanks in advance all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

TransferWise is likely to be the easiest and cheapest method. It's a London based fintech startup backed by Richard Brandson that uses peer to peer matching.

I use them about once a month or so to move GBP/EURs between my accounts. Up to £200 costs £1 and above costs 0.5% and you get the actual exchange rate (i.e not bid/offer spread like with the banks but the rate you get if you ask Google). Saves a fortune compared to just sending the cash with your bank and only takes a day or two.

You can either use your debit card to send the GBP (what I alway do) or else arrange a transfer to account.

If you want a referal link that will give you a free transfer up to £3,000 PM me and I will send it on.

EDIT: If not clear from above you can send EUR to GBP and visa versa (and USD, AUD, SGD, etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cottonsocks

Hi!

If you could PM me a referral link that would be fantastic! Time is not so much the problem for me, I won't be doing this until a few weeks time but I'd like to loose as little as possible in the transaction! Many thanks :)

Advertisement