Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will we go for season 5 winners???

Options
  • 01-11-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Everyone get your guesses in nice and early!!!!

Also, lads proclaiming they had the 'd2 winner' when they had 3 guesses.... Cop on!!!

Pick a winner!!!!

D1 - Barca (unreal starting 11)
    D2 - PSG (has the strongest squad)
    D3 - PSV (again for me has the best squad)
    D4 - Genoa (someone surely has to take them over!!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

D1 - Chelsea
    D2 - Bayer
    D3 - Sporting
    D4 - Genoa

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Bayern
    Lazio
    Sporting
    Marseille

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Man City
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Sporting
    Rangers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Div 1- Atletico Madrid
    Div 2- PSG (Leverkusen and Lazio to also get promoted)
    Div 3- Espanyol (PSV and Sporting to also get promoted)
    Div 4- Malaga (Celtic and Rangers to also get promoted)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Division | Winner | Runner Up | -- | Relegated
    1 | Manchester City | Barcelona | -- | Hamburg, Manchester United, Aston Villa
    2 | SL Benfica | US Palermo | -- | Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Flamengo
    3 | Sporting | PSV | -- | Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, Portsmouth
    4 | Málaga | Genoa | -- | Gremio (To finish bottom)

1. I expect Barcelona to find Division 1 considerably tougher than where they came from, and hence will come up just shy behind a City team who had a phenomenal run of form at the end of last season, and under a superb manager I expect them to start this season where they left off.

2. Like him or lump him, nobody can deny that the former Sporting, Benfica, Sporting manager, now in charge of Benfica (:D) is a fantastic manager and I expect him to work his magic and pip Andrea Pirlo's Palermo to the D2 title. PSG will have to be content with a playoff place.

3. Sporting have a fantastic team, and have replaced a fantastic manager with another great manager in the form of Ctrl-Alt-Del. I anticipate him emulating Flamengo's back to back promotion, albeit doing it in slightly better style by going up to D2 as Champions. The race for second will be as competitive as ever, but I think PSV will just about edge it on the final day of the season.

4. Malaga should have romped home last season except their manager went awol not long after the season started. I expect them to edge the division ahead of Genoa as long as both teams keep hold of their managers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Div 1 - Athletic Club
    Div 2 - Athletic Club
    Div 3 - Athletic Club
    Div 4 - Genoa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The dreaded vote of confidence from Wilberto, do i take it as a compliment or put it down as mind games ahead of tonights season opener :pac:

What I will say, is that the Genoa gig is not as easy as it looks, just to take a bit of pressure off their manager.

No picks from me as I have been out of the game long enough to not be up do date, so I'd be only having a bad guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

1. Man City
    2. Kyiv
    3. Udinese
    4. Celtic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The dreaded vote of confidence from Wilberto, do i take it as a compliment or put it down as mind games ahead of tonights season opener :pac:

What I will say, is that the Genoa gig is not as easy as it looks, just to take a bit of pressure off their manager.

No picks from me as I have been out of the game long enough to not be up do date, so I'd be only having a bad guess!

I forgot that that was my opening fixture! :D :pac:

2 | SL Benfica | Leverkusen / US Palermo | -- | Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Flamengo

I've made one slight alteration to my prediction due to the unforeseen circumstance that was US Palermo losing their manager.

They can still get second if they get a new manager pretty quickly, otherwise I reckon Leverkusen could nip in there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

tonic wine wrote: »
    1. Man City
    2. Kyiv
    3. Udinese
    4. Celtic

Oh the pressure! I'm sorry, but I don't have the tactical nous to win this league..... Sorry for letting you down... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Colemania wrote: »
    Oh the pressure! I'm sorry, but I don't have the tactical nous to win this league..... Sorry for letting you down... :P

Etwooooooooo is a monster in D3, your in with a shot for sure mate!

Etwooooooooo is a monster in D3, your in with a shot for sure mate!

I seem to have a habit of not utilising my best players! Its always the unsung heroes for me although Emineke did quite well last season.

Wilberto wrote: »
    2 | SL Benfica | US Palermo | -- | Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Flamengo

Ha, I just remembered that I had Malaga to finish top and all. Clearly my predictions don't mean anything if I couldn't foresee me taking charge of them! :D :P :pac:

2 | SL Benfica | Leverkusen / US Palermo | -- | Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Flamengo

My Division one prediction looks pretty good to be fair. Even with the relegation spots I could still end up getting 2/3 right with United sitting just outside the bottom three currently.

However, the less said about the other three divisions the better, although I could get the D3 champions right!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

My Division one prediction looks pretty good to be fair. Even with the relegation spots I could still end up getting 2/3 right with United sitting just outside the bottom three currently.

However, the less said about the other three divisions the better, although I could get the D3 champions right!

Yeah and Hamburg are sticking around for another year and going for top 8 finish

tonic wine wrote: »
    1. Man City
    2. Kyiv
    3. Udinese
    4. Celtic

Seeming like the best predictions so far anyway! Celtic a point off top, my Udinese a point off top, City top by 7 and Kiev 2 points off........RELEGATION!

ikeano29 wrote: »
    Yeah and Hamburg are sticking around for another year and going for top 8 finish

To quote the great Michael Lee Aday, "Two out of three ain't bad".*

*Only relevant if Utd continue to fall! :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Colemania wrote: »
    Seeming like the best predictions so far anyway! Celtic a point off top, my Udinese a point off top, City top by 7 and Kiev 2 points off........RELEGATION!

I wasn't far off the ball in all fairness. :cool:

It hurts me to see where Kyiv are, from battling for a top 4 finish in Div 1 when I had them, and now just one place above relegation in Div 2. Its sad to see what has happened to the team I built :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Man City
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Sporting
    Rangers

My pick on my old account was bang on for divisions 1 and 4 :cool: Sporting came runner up in D3 and Bayer have a shot at promotion in D2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Mourinho wrote: »
    Man City
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Sporting
    Rangers

My pick on my old account was bang on for divisions 1 and 4 :cool: Sporting came runner up in D3 and Bayer have a shot at promotion in D2.

Cracking predictions!

I only just realise now you are the Gov!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Looks like my prediction never saved... ;)

Im sure i had said

1. Man City
    2. Ajax
    3. Sporting
    4. Rangers

But it didnt save so probably wont get taken serious now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Cracking predictions!

I only just realise now you are the Gov!

It is I

1281882635631_f.jpg

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Looks like my prediction never saved... ;)

Im sure i had said

1. Man City
    2. Ajax
    3. Sporting
    4. Rangers

But it didnt save so probably wont get taken serious now :p

Nice try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Div 1- Atletico Madrid
    Div 2- PSG (Leverkusen and Lazio to also get promoted)
    Div 3- Espanyol (PSV and Sporting to also get promoted)
    Div 4- Malaga (Celtic and Rangers to also get promoted)

2 of the promoted 3 for divisions 3 & 4. 1 out of 3 in div 2 with other 2 making play-offs and athletico finished runner up in div 1 so not too bad!

Advertisement