Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Transfer to DIT in 2nd Year?

Options
  • 01-11-2014 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, so basically, my leaving cert didn't go as well as I wanted it to. I ended up getting a lot less points than what I wanted (Probably due to utter laziness during 6th year).

So as of now, I am currently enrolled in a Level 8 Computing course in I.T Tallaght. The number one course on my CAO was Computer Science (international). I was approximately 35-45 points away from the course.

Main reason I wanted to study Computer Science International was because I was interested in studying Chinese aswell as Computer Science.

So, to the main part. I want to know if it is possible to transfer to 2nd Year after doing 1st year in I.T Tallaght. Since they are both IT's I was thinking that it may be more of a possible chance than it would be if I were to apply to transfer into a University.

If an application was approved to transfer, would my SUSI grant be taken away from me cause of the transfer or will I still be liable for Free Fees.

I've been thinking about this for quite a while and have been researching quite a lot but got no answers. I will be very grateful to any answers received.

Thank you~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm fairly sure many courses have an Advanced Entry route where you can enter straight into the 2nd year if they've deemed you have covered the appropriate modules. Might want to get in touch with Admissions about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

Ok, thanks, I'll try to contact the college and try to find out more information about the Advanced Entry route.

Thanks again ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ndunnex

Ok, thanks, I'll try to contact the college and try to find out more information about the Advanced Entry route.

Thanks again ^^

Hey I'm in the same situation now with ITT and wanting to transfer to DIT, did it work out for you in the end? And also would you have any tips? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

ndunnex wrote: »
    Hey I'm in the same situation now with ITT and wanting to transfer to DIT, did it work out for you in the end? And also would you have any tips? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been using board s that much lately. Anyway. I've got an email back from dit. They said I would have to apply through advance entry. As for other colleges. Dcu maybe a no since their places are pretty much full as well as counting leaving cert points too. Nuim told me its very possible to transfer as long as I get decent grades and the material I study here in tallaght is similar to that of maynooth.

My eyes are pretty much aiming for DIT as their final year modules are exactly what I want

Advertisement