Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

wired alarm cost?

• 01-11-2014 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    I'm looking for a little help. I have a 3 bed semi that is pre wired and was wondering if anyone would have a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to get a run of the mill alarm system fitted that could down the line be turned into a monitored system

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there
    I'm looking for a little help. I have a 3 bed semi that is pre wired and was wondering if anyone would have a ballpark figure of how much it would cost to get a run of the mill alarm system fitted that could down the line be turned into a monitored system

Thanks

For prices you would need to contact local installers.
    Here is a link to the PSA website which lists all installers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Thanks for that but I was hoping I'd have a ballpark figure in my head before I rang them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would depend on system make and what features you require etc.
    €650 -€900 would be a very rough idea.
    As always, shop around and compare like with like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

KoolKid wrote: »
    It would depend on system make and what features you require etc.
    €650 -€900 would be a very rough idea.
    As always, shop around and compare like with like.

Thanks for that I will be shopping around but wanted some sort of ballpark before I made the calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for that but I was hoping I'd have a ballpark figure in my head before I rang them

No probs, I would advise getting at lease 3 quotes comparing like with like.
    If you are looking to have the system monitored at a later date I would discuss it with the installers too prior to any installation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement