Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trick or Treat?

• 01-11-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

For once rather than hide in the back of the house pretending to not be at home I actually bought a few things for the trick or treaters but it seems there were none out on my road at all. Is this tradition dying out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

For once rather than hide in the back of the house pretending to not be at home I actually bought a few things for the trick or treaters but it seems there were none out on my road at all. Is this tradition dying out?

No, your reputation for hiding in the back of the house pretending to be not at home over the years is known far & wide, we don't bother calling anymore :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

No, your reputation for hiding in the back of the house pretending to be not at home over the years is known far & wide, we don't bother calling anymore :P
    I sorta set myself up for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Plenty of youngsters around our way last night, we have an active residents assoc, there were small prizes for best costumes & best decorated home,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Well when i went around with my boys, they skipped any house that didn't have either decorations or that they had seen kids go up to and get sweets from.
    Next year, spend a tenner in dealz and stick some stuff up and you will have loads. In the meantime, eat some sweets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Got 78 kids this year (it was 90 last year!)!! We make up bags so we know exactly how many we get and also it makes sure every kid gets the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Narsil wrote: »
    Got 78 kids this year (it was 90 last year!)!! We make up bags so we know exactly how many we get and also it makes sure every kid gets the same :)

wow fair play! you are really generous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

78?!! :eek:

We got none this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Haven't had a kid call trick or treating in about ten years. Of course 5 call together this year. Had fcuk all to give them as I was unprepared. Felt bad as I'd have given them loads if I had stuff. Previous years I had stuff and nobody called.

Ah jaysus.

Advertisement