Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Catchers.

Options
  • 01-11-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.
    Im looking to get a dream catcher for my 5yo whos been have a few minor nightmares recently. Ive heard a few people say these can work for young kids.

So does anyone know a shop in either, Bandon, Macroom or Ballincollig that sells them? There all pretty close to me and id rather not have to travel into the big shmoke to get one.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

They're a placebo. Pick up any plausible looking yoke and tell him it's a dream catcher. Or make something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Theres a shop on the Coal Quay that has all that stuff to do with 'alternative,spiritual' world, its a lovely shop some interesting bits and pieces he might find . My kids got a great kick picking up some crystals there.
    or else
    Get him to make one.
    Just get a small bendy twig, bend it in a circle overlapping, tie it together, then wrap it in coloured thread,twine,wool and then criss cross some more thread like a spiders web, hang some other pieces from it and you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Theres a shop on the Coal Quay that has all that stuff to do with 'alternative,spiritual' world, its a lovely shop some interesting bits and pieces he might find . My kids got a great kick picking up some crystals there.
    or else
    Get him to make one.
    Just get a small bendy twig, bend it in a circle overlapping, tie it together, then wrap it in coloured thread,twine,wool and then criss cross some more thread like a spiders web, hang some other pieces from it and you have it.
    As in the Coal Quay in the big shmoke where i dont want to go lol.
    I havent been in town in a long time due to traffic and just a general dislike of the place. If needs be ill head in on tuesday when its a bit quieter but hopefull someone will know a shop nearer that sells them.
    Ive sugested making one and got a big fat NO. He obviously remembers my previous attempts at making things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Most of the healthy shops or shops like these sell them but as you say you not up for travelling.. I recently ordered from this gang http://www.earthworksireland.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=53&cat=Dreamcatchers

Now they annoy me as they do not reply to emails which I find really annoying, but they do provide a good service once you order. The catchers weren't huge but they are big enough to be noticed.

I got them for the same reason I have one for years a big one and my sister was saying my nephew was getting nightmares, so I got them .. They loved them, who cares if they are placebo or not if it works it works..

Another idea if you like things like this is worry dolls! little match stick men that come in a small bag and you tell you worried to them when you are in bed and they carry them instead of you..Might work perhaps if he is thinking of things too much which can be causing the nightmares

Advertisement