Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browsers not working

Options
  • 01-11-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Using a Packard Bell laptop with Windows 8 and when i turn it on it boots fine and connects to my wifi in the house.

But..... when I try Chrome or Internet Explorer it just says "connecting........" and nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Many thanks
    Roy

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

onekeano wrote: »
    Using a Packard Bell laptop with Windows 8 and when i turn it on it boots fine and connects to my wifi in the house.

But..... when I try Chrome or Internet Explorer it just says "connecting........" and nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Many thanks
    Roy

Have you used any VPN/Proxy software in the past?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Hi Yoyo,

To be honest I'm not sure (it's a neighbour who dropped it into me to see if it was a connection issue with her wifi but I can see it picks up mine no problem - still browsers not working).

I was wondering if she had picked up a bad cookies and maybe CCleaner or Malawarebytes might sort it out?

Roy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Can you connect to the wifi and use the internet with another device like a smart phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

yep - connected with my own laptop and a Kindle on wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

you could try this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check the system proxy.

Advertisement