Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding .dmp

Options
  • 01-11-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing on Chrome, about 8 tabs open, on bookface and i got a blue screen. PC rebooted and everything working fine again. PC was left on overnight but not doing anything. I have the dump file, but going by googling i won't be able to understand it.

Does anyone here understand them? Just interested to know why i got a blue screen, and if i can prevent it/fix it.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I was browsing on Chrome, about 8 tabs open, on bookface and i got a blue screen. PC rebooted and everything working fine again. PC was left on overnight but not doing anything. I have the dump file, but going by googling i won't be able to understand it.

Does anyone here understand them? Just interested to know why i got a blue screen, and if i can prevent it/fix it.

Looks like your AMD video card driver was the culprit. Download the latest AMD driver for your video card from here. I also recommend doing a clean driver install with Display Driver Uninstaller from here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

is it because i uninstalled Catalyst Control Centre i wonder? Had another thread on it, as CCC was not working and hogging up to 30% CPU when idle. I uninstalled it as i couldn't update it or fix it.

It also says that all my drivers are up to date. (Driver Toolkit)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

is it because i uninstalled Catalyst Control Centre i wonder? Had another thread on it, as CCC was not working and hogging up to 30% CPU when idle. I uninstalled it as i couldn't update it or fix it.

It also says that all my drivers are up to date. (Driver Toolkit)

Possibly, although afaik CCC operates independently of the driver. AMD drivers are known to be bad so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have an AMD card and always use DDU before installing the latest AMD driver

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, rather than create a new thread, i said i'd post it back in this one.

Since the start of March, i've had 5 BSOD's, again just happening while browsing, and i can't see to detect a recurring theme/time when it happens. Further help would be appreciated. I've the 5 dmp files in a rar folder (WinZip is acting the gowl) uploaded to here.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I haven't used it myself, but another similar thread here recommended

BlueScreenView v1.52
    Copyright (c) 2009 - 2013 Nir Sofer
    Web site: http://www.nirsoft.net

• Advertisement
Advertisement