Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoked ham hock

Options
  • 01-11-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Just bought a smoked ham hock and the smell of smoke off it is fierce. I've washed my hands 3 times and my fingers still smell like a bonfire, is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yep, lovely stuff so it is.
    Soak 1 kg of cannelloni beans overnight, drain, then put your hock in a large pot with the beans, throw in some bay, rosemary and thyme stalks, and cover with 2.5 liters of water. Cook really gently until the beans are edible and should have soaked up most of the water. Whilst that's going on, caramelize 3 large finely sliced onions, pour in 4 cans of chopped tomatoes, blend with a soup gun. Next fish out the hock and pull off all the meat and add it back in to the beans along with your tomato sauce. Heat back up, season to taste, and you've got some awesome smoked beans

Advertisement