Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpacking Insurance for a year travels

Options
  • 01-11-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good company to get backpacking/travel insurance for a trip to Central and South America. My girlfriend and I will be gone for approximately 1 year.

I have searched the forum and the most recent threads were around a year old.

Thus far, I have tried insureandgo and worldnomads. Both seem decent, but kind of pricey. Perhaps I should be expecting to pay approximately 350 euro each!!

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've always used http://www.multitrip.com/ie/, don't know how good they are tbh as thankfully never had to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

After years of paying multi trip, the first time that i talked about a claim, they started finding excuses, strange that they never found these excuses when it was time to pay them!

I would suggest staying away from them.

Advertisement