Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend me a building surveyor in West Limerick / North Kerry

Options
  • 01-11-2014 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently went sale agreed on a modern semi detached house in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick. I'm not finding it so easy finding a building surveyor who will give the house a once over for me - general overview of the structure/ roof/ electrics/ plumbing and a snag list. One who knows what they're doing and wont fleece me altogether.

House does appear pretty sound to me but all the same I'm not qualified in the field and would like it checked over for peace of mind.

Mods I'm not sure if it was more appropriate to make my post her or in the Construction and Planning Forum. Please move to more appropriate location if necessary.

Also I'm not sure if posting names and numbers on the public forum is permitted so please feel free to PM me also.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Have you tried asking for quotes on tradesmen.ie? You put in your details (so that you are searching for a building surveyor) and where you are etc and then it allows 4 tradesmen to get in touch with you to quote (but no more than that). You'll receive an email saying that person is interested in your job as well which comes with reviews from previous customers at the bottom.

We did this to find a surveyor and it worked well, I just made sure they had insurance as well as having a good chat with them and a good look through all their reviews before selecting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks for your reply Woshy.

I did actually try tradesmen.ie. Punched in my details and registered on Thursday evening. Got a return text confirming my job has being sent to tradesmen and was also told it was their intention to get up to 4 trades men to get in touch with me. Nothing back yet though....not a single phone call or email I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks for your reply Woshy.

I did actually try tradesmen.ie. Punched in my details and registered on Thursday evening. Got a return text confirming my job has being sent to tradesmen and was also told it was their intention to get up to 4 trades men to get in touch with me. Nothing back yet though....not a single phone call or email I'm afraid

Oh, that's a shame - I had four responses within the hour but I'm in Dublin so I guess there's loads more of them around!

Advertisement