Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary road side video cameras?

• 01-11-2014 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else spotted temporary video cameras aimed at areas of road in the county?

Maybe its just the Dungarvan area but I spotted 2 on the R695. The most obvious one is as you approach the bridge over the old railway just on from the roundabout for Clonea Strand.

There is a large brown box on the ground with a pole beside it with a small camera on the top pole is say 5m high.

Just wondering what they are monitoring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Probably surveying the road to see if it needs to be narrowed for traffic (ala Youghal Road fiasco) or maybe a few ramps (ala all over the town!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

mullaj00 wrote: »
    Probably surveying the road to see if it needs to be narrowed for traffic (ala Youghal Road fiasco) or maybe a few ramps (ala all over the town!).

I'm sure its some sort of survey but I can't really understand what they are looking for. About all I can come up with is they are looking to see what type of traffic is using the road? If its to justify more ramps I'll go mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Past by the spots I saw the cameras the other day and now they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deisegreenway

This was a traffic management survey for the Deise Greenway!

Advertisement