Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 100 Greatest Annoyances in Motoring

• 01-11-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Let me kick off the list. Shouldn't be long reaching 100. :D

1. Prepay fuel pumps. Some of us like to top it up to the brim so that we can workout miles per gallon quite easily. More than that, if you pay for more than can fit in your tank, you lose the extra you've paid for. I see more and more stations doing this because of drive offs.

2. People who enter car parks and try to park in the very first spot they see, even though half the car park is virtually empty. Holds up everyone trying to enter the car park and cause huge tailbacks trying to get in. At busy times, you'll often see attendants stopping people from doing this so that tailbacks don't form.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

3. non use of indicators
    4. lack of knowledge on how to drive on roundabouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

5. Tailgating morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

6. not overtaking in the over taking lanes

6 Hogging overtaking lane on Motorways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

7 Self entitlement and people driving in my lane :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

8. So what if its a 100kmph road, i ll drive at 50 and hog the white line if i want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

35. everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

9. People stopped in those yellow box junctions. Holding up traffic trying to cross it.

10. People who decide to park right next to me in a car park when there are dozens upon dozens of empty spaces available elsewhere.

11. People who speed down the overtaking lane then suddenly barge into the left hand side lane to reach exit.

12. People who are timid drivers who lack the assertiveness required when driving.

13. Pig parkers.

(11/12 may contradict eachother) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

14. Parents pushing their children in buggies out onto the road first as a buffer between them and the traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

15. No lights while poor visibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

16: Cost of Motor Tax in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Bad parking for me, those that can't seem to park within an ass's roar of the center of the two fecking white lines in a carpark, it's pure ignorant too imo

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

People swinging doors open in car parks and hitting the car next to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fog lights on when there is no fog, no lights at all, blinding blue or pure white lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Parents reversing their children in buggies out onto the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

People failing to notice the lights have gone green because they're looking down at their mobile phones :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Let's reboot the numbering system :P

22. You are at or even above the speed limit, someone comes racing up behind you, roars past and then turns off 100 metres later :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Cars with broken lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

24. The Detailing Forum for making me feel so inadequate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

25. People thinking drl's are acceptable lighting in the night time, eh clue is in the title.

26. People who take forever to dim their lights or just don't dim them until you do something about it.

27. People on back roads who blatently refuse to reverse to a place to pull in, they just stick to the road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

tippman1 wrote: »
    People failing to notice the lights have gone green because they're looking down at their mobile phones :mad::mad::mad:

28. People who beep at you because you haven't managed to take off like Jenson Button the split second the light turns green :mad::mad::mad::mad:

28. People who beep at you because you haven't managed to take off like Jenson Button the split second the light turns green :mad::mad::mad::mad:

29 People putting the foot down on an Orange light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Drivers who wait till they're half-way through a turn maneuver before thinking to putting on an indicator. Grrr....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

30 Lack of enforced driver education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

31 Queue of traffic, some guy decides to do a u turn, starts his 3 point turn but the guy behind fills up the space preventing them from doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

32. DMF, DPF and other failed new technologies that cost a fortune to fix every few years when they break down again

@messy tessy - wake TF up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

33- Brake first, indicate later.

hey unkel

Calm TF down! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

No. 34 People who can clearly see you coming on a straight bit of road, wait a couple of seconds then pull out in front of you when you are about 20 to 30 yards away forcing you to brake hard enough then proceed to drive at about 14 mph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

People turning right in a car either swinging left first or not hugging the middle of the road to allow others proceed when the road is wide enough

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

36. When pedestrians push the button at pedestrian crossings. They then cross the road while still on red. The crossing then turns green and all the traffic is held up when there are no pedestrians in sights.

Worse than this of course is when certain types press pedestrian crossing buttons for no reason but to hold up traffic. (Seen it numerous times).

Worse than this of course is when certain types press pedestrian crossing buttons for no reason but to hold up traffic. (Seen it numerous times).

The motoring version of knock-a-dolly?! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

37. People who think going over a speed bump any faster 0.05mph will cause their car to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

38. When your head gasket goes kaput

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Fandango wrote: »
    37. People who think going over a speed bump any faster 0.05mph will cause their car to explode.

And then accelerate hard to the next one before slamming on the brakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

People who drive at 70kmh on the N road with a tailback behind them, then get to a 50kmh speed limit in a village but continue at 70....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Drivers doing a maximum 80kph down ramps onto motorways.

Drivers putting full beams back on just before they pass you.

People who drive at 70kmh on the N road with a tailback behind them, then get to a 50kmh speed limit in a village but continue at 70....

my number 1 hate..

43. People with no patience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

No. 34 People who can clearly see you coming on a straight bit of road, wait a couple of seconds then pull out in front of you when you are about 20 to 30 yards away forcing you to brake hard enough then proceed to drive at about 14 mph.

I call this manoever the "Pull out 'N Park" Seriously what are they thinking... pull out then run out of ideas or the will to live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

People who put their children into child car seats whilst standing 'in' the road, door wide open & not on the footpath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

50. Bloody women using their phones driving.
    I see men at it too.but by far women are the worst offenders imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanvtec

44. People who pull up to a busy petrol station pump and don't get fuel but do a whole weeks worth of shopping!!

50. Bloody women using their phones driving.
    I see men at it too.but by far women are the worst offenders imo.

Hey hey! Let's keep it gender neutral please!

50. Drivers using their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

47. People being asses to L drivers and L Drivers when they are clearly on a lesson.

48. Not merging like a zip. 'I think I'll try to merge here, 300 metres before my lane ends'

49. People who let lane jumpers in. Drive on and leave the b*****ds where they are.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

51. Drivers who stop in the middle of the street/road to let you out of a side road and don't check their mirrors and as a result don't realise there is bloody no one behind them and they could have just kept going! Usually they make an impatient gesture indicating to you to pull out quickly, as if you are holding them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

People who think the width of their cars/jeeps are that of a Hummer and cant drive through a perfectly simple and wide gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The next one should be no. 52 people!

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Del2005 wrote: »
    People turning right in a car either swinging left first or not hugging the middle of the road to allow others proceed when the road is wide enough

These fookers have an imaginary trailer. Didn't you know that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

52. Drivers who don't seem to know or care that one of their front lights is not working properly, or at all. You only realize how many of the muppets are out there, when the hour goes back and its dark at rush hour now. I mean....when these idiots are driving on dark roads, with little or no street lights, how can they not be aware that only one side of their car is illuminating the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

53. Cyclists who use the road instead of the cycle lane...which, when it was built, made the road more narrow to begin with! Does my nut in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement