Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling food at festivals/markets etc

Options
  • 01-11-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Need some help with what I need
    I know what food I would be selling
    I know I would need a gazebo, something to cook on, a couple of fold up tables, a trailer

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Food licence/ Food registration from HSE (free).
    Public Liability insurance.

Without them you won;t be permitted to sell at any market/festival.

Probably best to ask a non competing food seller at a market what they needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

delahuntv wrote: »
    Food licence/ Food registration from HSE (free).
    Public Liability insurance.

Without them you won;t be permitted to sell at any market/festival.

Probably best to ask a non competing food seller at a market what they needed.

yeah will be getting in touch with some markets to see what's needed.
    does all equipment need to be stainless steel?

Help!!!! wrote: »
    yeah will be getting in touch with some markets to see what's needed.
    does all equipment need to be stainless steel?

all equipment should be washable - sink needs to be big enough to imerse pots.

Loads of rules and regs - but if you know your food most of it will come across as common sense as the rules are there to protect customers from getting bad ill.

Contact your local HSE office - lads of info here http://www.hse.ie/go/environmentalhealth/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

delahuntv wrote: »
    all equipment should be washable - sink needs to be big enough to imerse pots.

Loads of rules and regs - but if you know your food most of it will come across as common sense as the rules are there to protect customers from getting bad ill.

Contact your local HSE office - lads of info here http://www.hse.ie/go/environmentalhealth/

Do you still need a sink if your not using pots? There wont really be any washing up as such

every case is different - you would need to ask HSE, but I would guess you would have to, even for washing hands & usually a different sink for hands & food if you need to wash food or containers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 suirvale

i been around long time in business.
    seriously i would advise you to get Trading no matter what.
    Whether its on an old barrel in car boot or farmers creamery, but just get standing on front of customers Belly2Belly,.
    plead ignorance to rules and regulations in a nice way tell a few fibs,.,.

suirvale wrote: »
    i been around long time in business.
    seriously i would advise you to get Trading no matter what.
    Whether its on an old barrel in car boot or farmers creamery, but just get standing on front of customers Belly2Belly,.
    plead ignorance to rules and regulations in a nice way tell a few fibs,.,.

and if a customer gets food poisoning, just brush it away?

now that is STUPID. - Probably the most stupid of all comments I've seen this year.

But then again, some people have a total disregard for rules/regulations, other people heath etc

Food safety regs are not onerous - VERY easy to implement and registration is FREE.

Only an absolute eejit would risk what suirvale suggests. - And thankfully the OP sees to be more intelligent than that.

Advertisement