Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH

Options
  • 01-11-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So yeah, In a thread on AH, a user posted his OPINION in a reasonable manner and was immediately PERMANENTLY banned. I pointed out that this seemed like an insane over-reaction. Within seconds, another user posted that they agreed with me. Then both comments were removed and I received a "warning". I posted in the thread saying that my comment was removed and that I received a warning and then was banned for a day.

I don't think it's really relevant what the thread was about or what the guys opinion was. For the record I didn't agree with his opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's against the site rules to argue with a moderators decisions on-thread. There are avenues open to the banned poster to have their ban reviewed if they wish to avail of them. Commenting on or arguing with a moderators decisions on the thread is not one of them however, and this was the reason for your ban. As such, the ban is upheld. You may ask that an Admin review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _asdfghjkl_

I know technically I was wrong in that I broke the charter but I think there should be some wiggle room. For instance, imagine some random Mod starting spouting absolute crazy, racist, offensive drivel. Would every user calling them up on it promptly be banned/warned?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know technically I was wrong in that I broke the charter but I think there should be some wiggle room. For instance, imagine some random Mod starting spouting absolute crazy, racist, offensive drivel. Would every user calling them up on it promptly be banned/warned?

Possibly. Would depend very much on the circumstances. Though in that hypothetical example, the best course of action would be to report posts or PM a CMod.

Either way, it's irrelevant. What you did was against the rules, and after the initial warning, broke the rules again.

You may ask for an admin to review this decision or allow this dispute to be marked as resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'm closing this.

The warning for discussing mod decisions on thread was justified.

1 day ban for further discussion was also justified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement