Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Gran passed away

• 01-11-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This week began with my grandmother dying. I have spent the time organising the funeral and then obviously attending the funeral. It hasn't sunk in that she's gone yet. She was in a nursing home and I didn't visit her there too many times which I now feel so guilty about. The woman in that nursing home was not my grandmother, instead she was a feeble old lady that didn't know who I was. I miss her terribly and in truth have done so since she started forgetting who I was.

This is what I should have told you a long time ago:
    Gran you made me who I am today. You were like a second mother to me and if I end up being half the woman you were I will consider my time on this earth well spent. You never knew I got married or that I had a wonderful little boy. I visited you when I was pregnant a few times and once you remembered me. You held my tummy and told me all about your babies and it was beautiful. We held vigil at your deathbed as we waited for you to draw your last breath this week and willed you to stop holding on as we knew you were suffering. I am heartbroken without you Gran.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

My sympathies.

It's always hard to lose a loved one.

Try to remember her at her best and the good times.

Advertisement