Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Jacket ideas?

Options
  • 01-11-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am looking for a nice thick waterproof jacket for dd(8) and am looking for advice on what to get or where to look, Internet sites would be preference?

She has had Regatta, Northface and Trespass before so wants to try a new brand, her preference is one with zip and velcro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ive gotten jackets from http://shop.resultclothing.com/index.php?cPath=55.

They do some good brands at reduced prices.

Just use Parcel Motel for cheapest delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I got my son McKinleys from Elvery Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

lidl have very good ski/winter jackets in at the minute, I got one for my 10 year old there yesterday 14.99, very warm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Puddleduck s .ie good rain gear for kids and adults their fleece lined wind and water proof .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Next do decent winter coats ,Sports Direct do good ones too .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Tanya30

What would be best brand to get and also, these ski jackets, how thick are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tanya30

She quite fancies the core winter parka in red or purple.

Was just on puddleducks.ie and saw 3; Winter Lined rain jacket, Pink Petals Jacket and Sally Waterproof. Pink petals one is lightweight so probably no use for winter.

Out of all seen, I am going to get the winter lined rain jacket, £35 isn't to bad plus it sounds quite warm for cold winter days and on plus side, it meets dd specifications (only has a zip with no velcro) plus its easy to tie up :-).

Advertisement