Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinn Féin the most popular party in latest poll (mod warnings in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Bear in mind, the advent of social media and online forums have had a big impact on their influence, before one could only vent indoors with no audience...it's a different game now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He made his latest comment about the media without the qualification that he would not advocate such a menacing act now.
    Thats all they have? And there's 3-4 articles and the main editorial in the paper over it? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Thargor wrote: »
    Thats all they have? And there's 3-4 articles and the main editorial in the paper over it? :confused:

Apparently they had 23 SF stories in the SIndo last week....

Someone needs to say something...

"Go home Irish Independent...you're drunk!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Sindo is for D4 wannabe socialites and not of much else use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Bought the Sunday Independent for the first time in a long time yesterday.....Jesus! could a more blatant anti Sinn Fein agenda be made more painfully obvious......page after page Sinn Fein this Sinn Fein that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Bought the Sunday Independent for the first time in a long time yesterday.....Jesus! could a more blatant anti Sinn Fein agenda be made more painfully obvious......page after page Sinn Fein this Sinn Fein that

its foolish really

when the attacks become obvious and over the top it can have the opposite effect to what they wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Taoiseach accuses Adams of ordering Love/Hate murders

Paul Williams and Jim Cusack, Irish Independent, Monday November 10th, 2014

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/e...dams-ordered-love-hate-murders-30731269.html

In a sensational postscript to last night's Love/Hate finale, Taoiseach Enda Kenny has accused Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams of ordering the murders of Nidge, Siobhan and Janet, as well as the possible murder of Fran.

Using Dail privilege, the Taoiseach received a standing ovation from Fine Gael TDs after naming Adams as the prime suspect.

"Mr. Adams, it sickens me that you can sit there as if nothing has happened, less than a day after the brutal murders of three, and possibly four people, which you ordered.

A number of anonymous sources confirmed to the Irish Independent this afternoon that Kenny's accusations were "100% accurate" and that Adams was responsible for the murders.

In a furious Dail exchange, Adams denied his involvement, but he was fooling nobody. "Taoiseach, may I remind you that Love/Hate is a fictional TV programme. The people you refer to never existed and the murders you refer to never took place. I'd advise you to have a drink and take the rest of the day off as the stress of this debacle over water charges is clearly having a negative effect on your sanity", lied the Sinn Fein leader.

But the Taoiseach put Adams firmly in his place with a statesman-like rebuttal. "That's exactly the kind of response I'd expect from you, Mr. Adams. You dehumanise victims like Nidge by pretending they never existed. Last night we saw a wife witness the murder of her husband, and a young child witness the murder of his father, in cold blood. We all saw it, and the fact that you deny it ever happened speaks volumes about your delusion. Your constant denials, your constant attempt to twist the truth sicken me, and sicken the Irish people."

"We saw the brutal murder of Siobhan, a woman who heroically blew the whistle on a serious criminal enterprise. Of course this isn't the first time you've ordered the murder of an informant, is it, Mr. Adams? Although I'm obviously not talking about Jean McConville, as she wasn't an informant. Oh, and while I'm on the subject, you murdered Jean McConville, you murdered Jean McConville, you murdered Jean McConville, you murdered Jean McConville, times 100, jinx, no comebacks!"

"And as for the vicious attack on Fran, well, we all know that you're a snooker fan, Mr. Adams. It's well known from numerous sources that you were spotted in front of your television during the closing frames of the 1985 World Championship final between Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis, apparently in a high state of concentration as you studied the cueing actions of both players. This is no coincidence given the nature of this particular attack."

"And, most damning of all, Garda sources have revealed to me that a pair of runners were found in your office bearing the inscriptions "KILL" on the left shoe, and "NIDGE" on the right shoe. This proves that you have been lying all along. These shoes are the smoking gun that will finally bring you down and expose you as the evil bogey man that the Irish people have always known you to be."

The Taoiseach also announced that he had this morning met with Nidge's widow Trish to discuss the matter and that the entirety of Wednesday's Dail session will be set aside to deal with Adams' involvement in the murders.

In tonight's Evening Herald: Gerry O'Carroll exposes the lies of Gerry Adams over the Sinn Fein leader's involvement in the Love/Hate murders.

Tomorrow, only in the Irish Independent: Eilis O'Hanlon on why the Love/Hate murders will prove the tipping point for the Irish people and prove the death knell for Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein as a political force in this country.

In next week's Sunday Independent: We fearlessly expose how Gerry Adams planned and ordered with ruthless efficiency, four more murders which haven't taken place yet.

And another thing (apologies if it's been covered)....why did Mairia Cahill get a personal meeting with Enda Kenny in full view of the media it has to be said?? how many alleged rape abuse victims does the Taoiseach meet on his tour of duty, you'd nearly believe there was an ulterior motive to the whole thing maw yah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

And another thing (apologies if it's been covered)....why did Mairia Cahill get a personal meeting with Enda Kenny in full view of the media it has to be said?? how many alleged rape abuse victims does the Taoiseach meet on his tour of duty, you'd nearly believe there was an ulterior motive to the whole thing maw yah :D

Rape victims who didn't have previous connections to Sinn Fein and want old scores settled are no use to Enda or Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Taoiseach accuses Adams of ordering Love/Hate murders

Paul Williams and Jim Cusack, Irish Independent, Monday November 10th, 2014

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/e...dams-ordered-love-hate-murders-30731269.html

In a sensational postscript to last night's Love/Hate finale, Taoiseach Enda Kenny has accused Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams of ordering the murders of Nidge, Siobhan and Janet, as well as the possible murder of Fran.

Using Dail privilege, the Taoiseach received a standing ovation from Fine Gael TDs after naming Adams as the prime suspect.

"Mr. Adams, it sickens me that you can sit there as if nothing has happened, less than a day after the brutal murders of three, and possibly four people, which you ordered.

A number of anonymous sources confirmed to the Irish Independent this afternoon that Kenny's accusations were "100% accurate" and that Adams was responsible for the murders.

In a furious Dail exchange, Adams denied his involvement, but he was fooling nobody. "Taoiseach, may I remind you that Love/Hate is a fictional TV programme. The people you refer to never existed and the murders you refer to never took place. I'd advise you to have a drink and take the rest of the day off as the stress of this debacle over water charges is clearly having a negative effect on your sanity", lied the Sinn Fein leader.

But the Taoiseach put Adams firmly in his place with a statesman-like rebuttal. "That's exactly the kind of response I'd expect from you, Mr. Adams. You dehumanise victims like Nidge by pretending they never existed. Last night we saw a wife witness the murder of her husband, and a young child witness the murder of his father, in cold blood. We all saw it, and the fact that you deny it ever happened speaks volumes about your delusion. Your constant denials, your constant attempt to twist the truth sicken me, and sicken the Irish people."

"We saw the brutal murder of Siobhan, a woman who heroically blew the whistle on a serious criminal enterprise. Of course this isn't the first time you've ordered the murder of an informant, is it, Mr. Adams? Although I'm obviously not talking about Jean McConville, as she wasn't an informant. Oh, and while I'm on the subject, you murdered Jean McConville, you murdered Jean McConville, you murdered Jean McConville, you murdered Jean McConville, times 100, jinx, no comebacks!"

"And as for the vicious attack on Fran, well, we all know that you're a snooker fan, Mr. Adams. It's well known from numerous sources that you were spotted in front of your television during the closing frames of the 1985 World Championship final between Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis, apparently in a high state of concentration as you studied the cueing actions of both players. This is no coincidence given the nature of this particular attack."

"And, most damning of all, Garda sources have revealed to me that a pair of runners were found in your office bearing the inscriptions "KILL" on the left shoe, and "NIDGE" on the right shoe. This proves that you have been lying all along. These shoes are the smoking gun that will finally bring you down and expose you as the evil bogey man that the Irish people have always known you to be."

The Taoiseach also announced that he had this morning met with Nidge's widow Trish to discuss the matter and that the entirety of Wednesday's Dail session will be set aside to deal with Adams' involvement in the murders.

In tonight's Evening Herald: Gerry O'Carroll exposes the lies of Gerry Adams over the Sinn Fein leader's involvement in the Love/Hate murders.

Tomorrow, only in the Irish Independent: Eilis O'Hanlon on why the Love/Hate murders will prove the tipping point for the Irish people and prove the death knell for Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein as a political force in this country.

In next week's Sunday Independent: We fearlessly expose how Gerry Adams planned and ordered with ruthless efficiency, four more murders which haven't taken place yet.

I read the above, then I read this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92974011&postcount=1

And I wonder where people get off making fun of a rape case.

• Advertisement

Because she was brave enough as an abused woman to come into public and admit what happened.

Most of the women abused by SF/IRA have been too afraid to stand up because their abusers haven't gone away. The same way as so many abused people lived in fear of the Church for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

In fairness to Enda a Taoiseach of the day has met with people of high profile cases before and they have not been against Sinn Fein. There are many things to damn Enda for but this is one I would not pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Godge wrote: »
    Because she was brave enough as an abused woman to come into public and admit what happened.

Most of the women abused by SF/IRA have been too afraid to stand up because their abusers haven't gone away. The same way as so many abused people lived in fear of the Church for years.

You got some information you'd like to share with us, or perhaps the Gardai? No? Just the usual mud slinging, lies and innuendo then? Thought so.

It never ceases to amaze me, particularly on Boards, what people can get away with saying as long as they say it about Sinn Fein

Fair enough, how many abuse victims of the Church has Enda Kenny met for photos? plenty made public what happened them

Fair enough, how many abuse victims of the Church has Enda Kenny met for photos? plenty made public what happened them

I don't think priests run for political office though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So was Louise O'Keefe, but The state, under Enda Kenny dragged her kicking and screaming all the way to European Court of Human Rights in order to keep her quiet about the fact that it (the state) bore responsibility for what happened to her. Costing the taxpayer millions in the process.. and despite the fact that she won that case, Kenny still hasn't met with her.. after 4 months of the woman pleading for him to do so.

I am sure he met quite a few groups

So was Louise O'Keefe, but The state, under Enda Kenny dragged her kicking and screaming all the way to European Court of Human Rights in order to keep her quiet about the fact that it (the state) bore responsibility for what happened to her. Costing the taxpayer millions in the process.. and despite the fact that she won that case, Kenny still hasn't met with her.. after 4 months of the woman pleading for him to do so.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/abuse-survivor-louise-okeefe-seeks-meeting-with-taoiseach-278075.html

Still waiting? cmon Mr Taoisecah there's photo opportunities there :D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0720/303965-cloyne1/

Enda Kenny has made it quite clear what he thinks of the Catholic Church and their record on child sexual abuse.

Compared to the hypocrisy shown by SF on this subject, showing piety in public while all the time hiding their dirty linen away.

I am sure he met quite a few groups

Don't think I've seen him parading them up and down in front of Leinster House though, but as I said, there's no votes in that.

• Advertisement

Don't think I've seen him parading them up and down in front of Leinster House though, but as I said, there's no votes in that.

True I will give you that but he has met with other like the magdeline survivors I do not think he was taoiseach at the start of the church scandal but whoever was then taoiseach has. My point is that they do meet these groups and it not just to hurt poor Saint Gerry. I say if it was the other way arounf Gerry Adaams would be doing the same

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0720/303965-cloyne1/

Enda Kenny has made it quite clear what he thinks of the Catholic Church and their record on child sexual abuse.

Compared to the hypocrisy shown by SF on this subject, showing piety in public while all the time hiding their dirty linen away.

What has he actually done about it, though?

He still goes to mass like a good little catholic boy every week, and he's still leader of a Christian Democratic party.

He even accepted an invitation from and attended an audience with old popey a few months after making the above speech :rolleyes:

Reopened the Irish embassy in the Vatican too recently.

No hypocrisy there at all. No siree!

True I will give you that but he has met with other like the magdeline survivors I do not think he was taoiseach at the start of the church scandal but whoever was then taoiseach has. My point is that they do meet these groups and it not just to hurt poor Saint Gerry. I say if it was the other way arounf Gerry Adaams would be doing the same

Maria Cahill was brought down here for one reason and it had absolutely nothing to do with having her attacker jailed or even brought before the courts.
    Adams has made plenty of mistakes, no doubt, but the media/political feeding frenzy was orchestrated and designed to damage him and SF.
    They must have been absolutely gutted when the following week's polls showed a 4% increase in SF support and a drop in the FF/FG support.
    They'll never learn and they must think the Irish people are really stupid.

Maria Cahill was brought down here for one reason and it had absolutely nothing to do with having her attacker jailed or even brought before the courts.
    Adams has made plenty of mistakes, no doubt, but the media/political feeding frenzy was orchestrated and designed to damage him and SF.
    They must have been absolutely gutted when the following week's polls showed a 4% increase in SF support and a drop in the FF/FG support.

I am not disagreeing with you however this holier than thou attitude of Sinn Feinn and there supporters that they would not do the exact same makes it stink. Now I am not a supporter of Sinn Feinn but I think its good that they are scattering the masses with there surge up the poles but with that will have to come real commitments and policy and how they work.

I am not disagreeing with you however this holier than thou attitude of Sinn Feinn and there supporters that they would not do the exact same makes it stink. Now I am not a supporter of Sinn Feinn but I think its good that they are scattering the masses with there surge up the poles but with that will have to come real commitments and policy and how they work.

I honestly don't think SF would use a rape victim for blatant political smearing of another party.
    That's what FG and FF did and the people saw straight through it.
    Wednesday will be interesting as Enda uses her again to deflect attention away from the IW fiasco.
    There's no doubt that Sinn Fein have work to do on their economic policy's and stuff like that, but could they really do any worse than FF or FG? Really?
    FF drove the economy off a cliff and destroyed countless thousands of peoples lives in the process and FG have just heaped more and more misery on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No-one 'brought Mairia Cahill down here'. She's been doing an admirable job of getting with any and everyone who will articulate her (legitimate) issues with the party that was culpable of protecting her alleged rapist, on one side, and the, at best, lethargic support from the legal system on the other (with the possibility of political interference as the icing on the cake). If you were in her shoes, wouldn't you do your utmost to ensure everyone got to hear your issues?

To pretend that she's not newsworthy, or that she's not motivated by a desire to have her alleged rapist exposed, and those who, subsequently, treated her very badly, also taken to task, is rather strange. Obviously the culpability of SF in all of this is wonderful news for other party leaders, but its not as if this is some crank just throwing random abuse at the Shinners - she has a legitimate set of questions that need answers.

I honestly don't think SF would use a rape victim for blatant political smearing of another party.

Is it worth pointing out that if you repeatedly find yourself under the spotlight for protecting sexual abusers within your party ranks, that there might be something other than smearing at play?

alastair wrote: »
    No-one 'brought Mairia Cahill down here'. She's been doing an admirable job of getting with any and everyone who will articulate her (legitimate) issues with the party that was culpable of protecting her alleged rapist, on one side, and a, at best, lethargic support from the legal system on the other (with the possibility of political interference as the icing on the cake). If you were in her shoes, wouldn't you do your utmost to ensure everyone got to hear your issues?

To pretend that she's not newsworthy, or that she's not motivated by a desire to have her alleged rapist exposed, and those who, subsequently, treated her very badly, also taken to task, is rather strange. Obviously the culpability of SF in all of this is wonderful news for other party leaders, but its not as if this is some crank just throwing random abuse at the Shinners - she has a legitimate set of questions that need answers.

I don't vote for SF, although I may consider doing so in the future, however It's painfully obvious that she is being used by FG/FF and by the Sunday Independent.
    Hasn't she a relation writing for that paper, a relation who is totally anti-SF and anti-Adams in particular?
    I hope she does find justice and peace of mind but she won't find it standing hugging Enda Kenny on the steps of Dail Eireann.
    She'll find that out the hard way.

That's what FG and FF did and the people saw straight through it.
    Wednesday will be interesting as Enda uses her again to deflect attention away from the IW fiasco.
    There's no doubt that Sinn Fein have work to do on their economic policy's and stuff like that, but could they really do any worse than FF or FG? Really?
    FF drove the economy off a cliff and destroyed countless thousands of peoples lives in the process and FG have just heaped more and more misery on top of that.

I honestly hope not but I am afraid they could. Enda, Shatter are a bullies I think many people can see that and they need to be gotten rid of by the party but no one wants to do it due to what happened last time.

• Advertisement

I personally wouldn't class myself a Sinn Fein supporter, have never voted in any election or referendum in my life.....but to my amateur eye it looks like a time for a shakeup and perhaps I might break my duck next time and vote for them.....again to my amateur eye they just don't come across as the career politicians that are FG/FF etc......it's a roll of the dice that could be better, could be worse or could even change nothing, gamble

I personally wouldn't class myself a Sinn Fein supporter, have never voted in any election or referendum in my life.....but to my amateur eye it looks like a time for a shakeup and perhaps I might break my duck next time and vote for them.....again to my amateur eye they just don't come across as the career politicians that are FG/FF etc......it's a roll of the dice that could be better, could be worse or could even change nothing, gamble

Given that they have never been voted much here they can't really be seen as career politicians. I have nothing against a career politician Des O'Malley was one Brian Lenihan Snr was one, can't think of his name but there was an independent from Inner Dublin also.

I don't vote for SF, although I may consider doing so in the future, however It's painfully obvious that she is being used by FG/FF and by the Sunday Independent.
    Just as she is using them. It's a symbiotic relationship.
    Hasn't she a relation writing for that paper, a relation who is totally anti-SF and anti-Adams in particular?
    She does, just as she had an ardent pro-SF pro-Adams relation too.
    I hope she does find justice and peace of mind but she won't find it standing hugging Enda Kenny on the steps of Dail Eireann.
    She'll find that out the hard way.
    Let's wait and see. It seems to have been cathartic for her so far.

Given that they have never been voted much here they can't really be seen as career politicians.

Mary Lou McDonald and Pearse Doherty are the epitomy of career politicians!

What has he actually done about it, though?

He still goes to mass like a good little catholic boy every week, and he's still leader of a Christian Democratic party.

He even accepted an invitation from and attended an audience with old popey a few months after making the above speech :rolleyes:

Reopened the Irish embassy in the Vatican too recently.

No hypocrisy there at all. No siree!

Well, his government have brought in some new legislation

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2012/en/act/pub/0047/index.html

Things are changing, not as quickly as some might want, some parts of that Act have yet to be commenced for example, but the issues are being addressed in the Government programme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Things are changing, not as quickly as some might want
    No, FG have things going to **** plenty fast, thanks all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

with the party that was culpable of protecting her alleged rapist,

That is simply not proven. Even though you, Enda and Michael would love it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Mary Lou McDonald and Pearse Doherty are the epitomy of career politicians!

Yeah, going around living on the average industrial wage, for a party that promotes things like a wealth tax and is the target of mud slinging from practically all other parties and powerful sections of the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Happyman42 wrote: »
    That is simply not proven. Even though you, Enda and Michael would love it to be.

You're right there

It's not been proven that the party covers up the rape of children, Just their illustrious leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

When did Sinn Fein become a party of victims .

In the last few months I have never seen such a display of whingeing and playing the victim.

Yeah, going around living on the average industrial wage, for a party that promotes things like a wealth tax and is the target of mud slinging from practically all other parties and powerful sections of the media.

Really, if you buy into the farce of the average industrial wage thing, I'm sure they have a nice bridge they want to sell you. Pearse Doherty claimed €22,000 in car and fuel expenses in a single year alone. Gerry Adams manages to afford not one, but two homes on his 'average industrial wage'. Fact is they get paid exactly the same salary as any other politician, and are experts in working the expenses system like any other politicians. The pretense that they're surviving on the actual average wage is just that - a pretense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Its been proven Adams covers up the rape of children? Or are you going to state you never said that?
    You're right there

It's not been proven that the party covers up the rape of children, Just their illustrious leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

for someone who lives in Donegal, €22000 isnt that otherworldly. Get rid of expenses altogether would be the better idea. Adams isnt allowed to make money from his books I suppose either? Terrible man.
    Really, if you buy into the farce of the average industrial wage thing, I'm sure they have a nice bridge they want to sell you. Pearse Doherty claimed €22,000 in car and fuel expenses in a single year alone. Gerry Adams manages to afford not one, but two homes on his 'average industrial wage'. Fact is they get paid exactly the same salary as any other politician, and are experts in working the expenses system like any other politicians. The pretense that they're surviving on the actual average wage is just that - a pretense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

maccored wrote: »
    Its been proven Adams covers up the rape of children? Or are you going to state you never said that?

Do you deny he knew of his brothers rape of his own daughter yet chose to.say nothing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Listen, are you people so backwards that you can't deal in facts! Yes Gerry Adams owns 2 houses and one in Belfast is an ex housing executive house which was bought dirt cheap if you lived in one for so long. I have cousins who have bought their home in Belfast for 9 and 12k in the same scheme. The kind of money that anyone can get their hands on let alone a leader of one of the biggest political parties in this country.

As for his holiday home in Donegal, have you seen it or just jump on the band wagon and spout all that crap 'o he must be into hooky sh1t because he owns 2 houses'. This holiday home is an old cottage that needed renovated which he got real cheap. Fs I know another cousin who picked a cottage up in Donegal and mayo for 20k punts in the late 90s. You'd maybe get suspicious if Gerry had a 10 bed mansion, swimming pools, acres and acres of land, horses, stables and living it large. No, he owns a house in a working class area of Belfast and a done up cottage in donegal. Fs even I own more in my own houses assets worth than him and I'm just your ordinary handyman.

If you people are going to throw this crap about 2 houses then you seriously have issues. In fact I'm seriously starting to think its even born out of jealously because I seriously can't get my head around the fact that people can even come out with such nonsense without looking at the facts. Don't ya know his wive also works bringing in an income lol.

If you go digging into endas assets and family assets along with the other political leaders, then you'll see some hooky stuff. Not, o he owns 2 houses so he's defo hooky!! Its just so laughable in in giggles here at you people!! Yous just throw anything at this man to try and knock him but it ain't working.

Pearse Doherty claimed €22,000 in car and fuel expenses in a single year alone.

. The pretense that they're surviving on the actual average wage is just that - a pretense.

What's wrong with 22k for a car and fuel driving back and forth from Donegal to Dublin.

Prove the pretense, I've a feeling you've no chance

duckcfc wrote: »
    Listen, are you people so backwards that you can't deal in facts! Yes Gerry Adams owns 2 houses and one in Belfast is an ex housing executive house which was bought dirt cheap if you lived in one for so long. I have cousins who have bought their home in Belfast for 9 and 12k in the same scheme. The kind of money that anyone can get their hands on let alone a leader of one of the biggest political parties in this country.

As for his holiday home in Donegal, have you seen it or just jump on the band wagon and spout all that crap 'o he must be into hooky sh1t because he owns 2 houses'. This holiday home is an old cottage that needed renovated which he got real cheap. Fs I know another cousin who picked a cottage up in Donegal and mayo for 20k punts in the late 90s. You'd maybe get suspicious if Gerry had a 10 bed mansion, swimming pools, acres and acres of land, horses, stables and living it large. No, he owns a house in a working class area of Belfast and a done up cottage in donegal. Fs even I own more in my own houses assets worth than him and I'm just your ordinary handyman.

If you people are going to throw this crap about 2 houses then you seriously have issues. In fact I'm seriously starting to think its even born out of jealously because I seriously can't get my head around the fact that people can even come out with such nonsense without looking at the facts. Don't ya know his wive also works bringing in an income lol.

If you go digging into endas assets and family assets along with the other political leaders, then you'll see some hooky stuff. Not, o he owns 2 houses so he's defo hooky!! Its just so laughable in in giggles here at you people!! Yous just throw anything at this man to try and knock him but it ain't working.

You forgot about the places he lives in Louth and Dublin for his Dail work. Think they are SF-owned but he doesn't pay any rent, could be wrong though.

Obviously you and Gerry have plenty more money than the rest of us. A lot of ordinary people don't even own one house. Gerry Adams is up there with P. Flynn when he talks about paying all the different charges in different jurisdictions.

You forgot about the places he lives in Louth and Dublin for his Dail work. Think they are SF-owned but he doesn't pay any rent, could be wrong though.

Obviously you and Gerry have plenty more money than the rest of us. A lot of ordinary people don't even own one house. Gerry Adams is up there with P. Flynn when he talks about paying all the different charges in different jurisdictions.

Maybe we do have more money than you, that's neither here or there but that doesn't mean that we haven't worked hard in life and for the record, I'm just your typical Irish lad who gets by in life like the rest of us, who was helped by family and friends when building up my asset during the boom.

As for saying a lot of ordinary people don't even own a house, well the majority of the people I know do so again, that's amatter of opinion!

What are you on about Gerry and paying charges in different jurisdictions?

Gerry Adams manages to afford not one, but two homes on his 'average industrial wage'

What about the money he makes from speaking engagements and being the author of 20+ books?

Often conveniently overlooked whenever anyone mentions how many houses he owns :rolleyes:
    The pretense that they're surviving on the actual average wage is just that - a pretense.

Do you have any links to them claiming that they 'survive' on the AIW? No..? I didn't think so

duckcfc wrote: »
    What's wrong with 22k for a car and fuel driving back and forth from Donegal to Dublin.

Prove the pretense, I've a feeling you've no chance

Ehh, that's not €22,000 for a car and fuel. That's €22,000 on car and fuel expenses (diesel AA membership and tyres). It's Donegal he lives in, not Mars, so unless he's currently driving a Chieftain tank, it's safe to say that he's milking the system for all it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

What about the money he makes from speaking engagements and being the author of 20+ books?

Often conveniently overlooked whenever anyone mentions how many houses he owns :rolleyes:
    But surely the whole point of the minimum wage bit is that solidarity is being shown to the ordinary Joe / Jane?

The effect is somewhat lost if you are lording it up on the basis of other revenue streams you have?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement