Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car lifting ramps. myirishmarket.ie , reliable website?

• 01-11-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Mods can move this if there's a better place to put it.

Is this website and company trustworthy.

http://www.myirishmarket.ie/

Seen a few items such as these ramps for €199;
    http://www.myirishmarket.ie/motoring/Car-ramps

Was thinking they'd be good value for a hobbyist for light use, in comparison with getting a 2 post lift for over €1000.

Anyone bought anything from this place before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

They would offer very little benefit over normal ramps. You would get a good jack, axle stands and ramps for the price of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

guil wrote: »
    They would offer very little benefit over normal ramps. You would get a good jack, axle stands and ramps for the price of them.

The bottle jacks would lift a car a fair bit higher than normal ramps or a trolley jack though.

Price of decent heavy duty items would be well over €200.

But can't speak for quality of the item there on that website or site itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's very little you can do on a car with those opposed to normal ramps, no matter how high they lift. You can get a 2 ton draper trolley jack and ramps for less than €90 on micksgarage. They would be more than adequate for light use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Thedukester00

shineon23 wrote: »
    Mods can move this if there's a better place to put it.

Is this website and company trustworthy.

myirishmarket.ie/

Was thinking they'd be good value for a hobbyist for light use, in comparison with getting a 2 post lift for over €1000.

Anyone bought anything from this place before?

First time poster, I felt I had to get say something regarding this "company". I have recently tried using this lot on line, I was happy with the items all looked well and the free "tracked" (Its not) postage had me hooked.

I spent over 400 euros with them, everything seemed sweet until I called to try and get a delivery time/date.

First I had to leave message after message to get a call back 15 in total I finally got through to someone who sounded like he was calling me from a toilet on a motorway, I was given a day so had to arrange time off work to be there, nothing came all day called and got tired of waiting so got through to toilet man again called "Monty" he promised it would be with me by 6pm via DPD courtier, so I carried on waiting got bored by 7pm.

Called the next day was told one of the items had been damaged and had been returned to them on Saturday, but they would re send the items back out 48hr delivery. So waited over the weekend and by Wednesday called AGAIN and left another 5 voice messages finally got thru to good old Monty again still in the toilet and was shouted out and told he cancelled the order for no reason and hanged up on me.....

The great part is they have kept all my money...... go figure??? Now they wont answer any of my calls, emails etc so I have given up

I am now taking legal action against these jokers, it has been the worst experience I have had buying online.

The company have not one bit of customer service and dont care about you, if your lucky you may get through after calling several times but I would count on it.

Please heed this experience, do not waste your time and money, spend a bit extra and try someone else, for the record I ended up buying through a UK company delivery was obviously more but arrived within 48 hours no problem.

Sorry for the rant. Hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭The lips

Them ramps would be quite an awkward weight to be pulling out on the drive every time as opposed to the ramps without the built in bottle jacks.

Ramps without the jacks are more than adequate. Approx 8" clearance and whatever the ramp is.

Don't forget a decent chock on the rears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Would there be an easier way to get your money back? How did you pay, if it was by card call the card company, if it was by PayPal open a dispute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

Their Twitter and Facebook links go to some copper wire stripping company in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Not a BA. Should be moved to 'Motors'?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thread moved over from Bargain Alerts, hope category is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'd never put my precious life under a car supported by them.

At least two recent threads here (Motors forum) with better/safer solutions - solid plastic or solid wood ramps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're also selling A-frames, which I thought were illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're also selling A-frames, which I thought were illegal?

A-frames, 'cheap' garage tools and copper wire stripping combined with a guy named Monty sounding like he's in a roadside portaloo?

That suggests only one thing to me. Does he sell daggs too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement