Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this worms?

• 01-11-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Sorry I know its disgusting but is that picture worms?

Just took it now .

It surely cant be , he had bad worms when he was very younga but got rid of them and hes treated every month.

Please some1 tell me its not worms :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just looks like normal poo to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

What are you worming the dog with? If you use a decent wormer like Milbemax, you shouldn't be treating the dog every month, but every three months.

And no - didn't look at the pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

tk123 wrote: »
    Just looks like normal poo to me!

What are the yellowey things in it tho? Just something he ate i spose

What are you worming the dog with? If you use a decent wormer like Milbemax, you shouldn't be treating the dog every month, but every three months.

There called zantel tablets

The vet said once a month while hes a pup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

His dog is a pup so yes, he should be worming monthly up until 6 months.

Looks like normal poo to me too OP but then again sometimes photos are not the clearest. What are you worried about?

• Advertisement

Toulouse wrote: »
    His dog is a pup so yes, he should be worming monthly up until 6 months.

Looks like normal poo to me too OP but then again sometimes photos are not the clearest. What are you worried about?

Worried about the yellowy things in the poo, hard too see in the pic. Maybe its something he ate outside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Worms will look like they are passing little grains of rice or strings of spaghetti and are usually white. If what you're concerned about is yellow, is it possible he ate some corn? Because that goes out the same as it comes in!

Worms will look like they are passing little grains of rice or strings of spaghetti and are usually white. If what you're concerned about is yellow, is it possible he ate some corn? Because that goes out the same as it comes in!

No corn in this house lol. Maybe piece of plastic or sumtin. It hasnt happend since anyway so it nothing id say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

If you are living with children or immuno-compromised individuals, then the recommendation is to worm an adult dog monthly. Otherwise, it's every three months.

boomerang wrote: »
    If you are living with children or immuno-compromised individuals, then the recommendation is to worm an adult dog monthly. Otherwise, it's every three months.

Hes not an adult dog , he will be 6 months old in 2weeks.

He is getting a worm/flea dose today and he will b wormed every 3 months then.

Theres no children in the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Sorry OP, that info was for general consumption as other posters were saying dogs over six months should be wormed every three months, which is not always appropriate.

Advertisement