Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The breaks even out in the long run

1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.

beannacht go deo!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.

beannacht go deo!:(

I hope you just had a great night and closed your account in a moment of rashness, If not I wish you well and hope our paths cross in the future. Your input here has benefited a lot of us....

I await your return in hope.....

“Dum Spiro, spero- As long as I breathe, I hope.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Noooo!!! NE....you're coming back, right? Im planless and coachless from next week but thought, sure it'll be grand. I'll go with my new plan and NE'll be there if i have questions.

Everytime im in a race different advice ive got from here comes into my head like an artillery screen in a computer game. The two spaces for you are always set your alarm clock on race day ( :pac: ) and the image of cycling legs on hills.

Joking/selfishness aside, hope youre ok and you come bac when youre ready.

Look after yourself

L x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

(

Why are you quoting Cicero, as a matter of interest? Is it something to do with the referendum?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sorry to see you go NE. Great poster, hope you are ok, best of luck with your running.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Oh Jaysus!:eek::o:o:o

Uuugh! Serious case of the DT's today after reading that. I don't remember closing this account last night. This has gone beyind embarrassing and as I said before, don't pay any attention, I'm only venting and making a complete arse of myself.

Dave, I've no clue why I quoted cicero but it was only a coincidence that it happened on the weekend that was in it. Just being an overdramtic drunk and in general. Jaysus, looks a bit mental reading it now:o

Anyway, moving on. I think this log needs to be dropped and I need to get a fresh start with a new one. Way too much negativity, nonsense and bs clogging it up. I'm taking the internet way too seriously atm and it should be all about the running. Being pulling a few wobblers lately! I'm not the mess that comes across in this log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Welcome to Boards:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

You could disconnect your wi-fi before going out ....

Seriously, we all do iffy things from time to time - forget it & move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

kit3 wrote: »
    You could disconnect your wi-fi before going out ....

Seriously, we all do iffy things from time to time - forget it & move on

Could be worse you could be making drunken calls to exes :D- posting on here is harmless really. :D Welcome back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

I'll be honest. It's not meant to come across bad natured or like I have an agenda.

This should read like training log, not like a bad episode of Eastenders. Have a real long think about the reasons behind the things you write. I have no doubt that you can be a really valuable contributor to this forum but in my opinion at least, you currently are not. It's hard to read about meltdown after meltdown. For that very reason, I usually avoid reading your log.

I thought about PMing you but I wanted to be entirely transparent.

I do hope to meet you at a race sometime as you do come across like a nice guy but boards is doing you no favours at the moment. I won't contribute any further. All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I'm kinda looking forward to Natwark Errar...sounds like a Viking roar :D

Glad you're ok/ek/ak.

Haahaa I'll stop now :o

Advertisement