Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

I'm going to watch Elf tonight, its such a good Christmas movie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    I'm going to watch Elf tonight, its such a good Christmas movie

I love that movie. We must organise a boards watch along some night. Where we watch the same christmas movie at the same time and post our thoughts as we go along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What side is Elf on?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭xmasking

Christmas isn't christmas without The Grinch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sitting here with my tree light up watching my favourite movie - Mary Poppins. Bliss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

BostonB wrote: »
    What side is Elf on?

Respect.

Bad Santa is also pretty funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Loughc wrote: »
    I love that movie. We must organise a boards watch along some night. Where we watch the same christmas movie at the same time and post our thoughts as we go along :)

That's a brilliant idea! When will we organise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Did you all see this? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »
    Did you all see this? :)

Great idea! I'd imagine it'd be very cold outside at 8 though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Wrap up warm, enjoy the free hot drinks and let the Christmas Cheer do the rest :D

Ah, Buddy!

xmasking wrote: »
    Ah, Buddy!

Yes....?

MOD NOTE: xmasking; You may need to add more detail to your posts, currently they are too short and not contributing to the thread other than increasing your post count. If you keep posting short replies going forward they will be deleted without warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

There's a few on Netflix too it anyone interested. Watched one the other night called Angels Sing. Harry Connick junior, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofersen, Finnoula Flanagan etc. Christmassy enough, can't decide if I liked it or not! Am not getting the Xmas spirit much yet though.
    Others on Netflix Snow globe (bad) and Fitzgerald Family Christmas. (New York Irish, cold weather, normal family hardships etc). All cheesy enough.
    My favourite Xmas movies are Its a Wonderful Life and The Family Stone, I love Diane Keaton, also stars a young Rachel MacAdams.
    Another decent/funny movie is Four Christmases with Vince Vaughan & Reese Witherspoon, though I've never seen this on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm still waiting to see my favourite Christmas movie.....Die Hard 1 :D

Aimeee wrote: »
    Another decent/funny movie is Four Christmases with Vince Vaughan & Reese Witherspoon, though I've never seen this on TV?

It's part of RTÉs Movies lineup this Christmas :)

The Family Stone is a favourite of mine too :)

Die Hard 1 is the best of the Die Hard movies imo. Actually I haven't seen it for a long time, putting it on the list to watch one of these nights. Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks for Four Christmases info LoughC will keep my eyes peeled for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

I love four Christmases. Christmas in handcuffs on netflicks is a good enough movie Melissa Joan hart in it. Well it's abit rubbish but I enjoyed. I got Arthur Christmas on dvd in tesco for 5e.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

BDJW wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to see my favourite Christmas movie.....Die Hard 1 :D
    Aimeee wrote: »
    Die Hard 1 is the best of the Die Hard movies imo. Actually I haven't seen it for a long time, putting it on the list to watch one of these nights.
    If you want to see it on the big screen, it's being shown in The Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield on the 12th, 17th and 20th of this month. There's usually a great atmosphere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Skyfall is on RTE over Christmas

Thanks for info Posy would love that, however distance makes it awkward. That plus kids, funds and time... etc etc. Nice treat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Favourite films around Christmas time has got to be Trains,Planes and Automobiles with John candy in it, also trading places with Eddie Murphy!

Brilliant films, also agree with all the other posts christmas isn't Christmas without die hard 1, the grinch and the elf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope Michael Collins will be shown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Christmas isn't Christmas with Home Alone and The Snowman.

I love these threads, I'm feeling all christmassy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stemah

The Christmas Shoes always brings a wee tear to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭kimmykins

Prancer is a really great Christmas movie guys if you can catch it anywhere this year. I never hear many people on about it but it's such a feelgood movie.

I love prancer! looking forward to watching it again this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

As regards more recent christmas movies I really like Christmas with the Kranks and The Family Stone :-) Deck the Halls isn't bad either

Does anyone know if the Christmas film with Robin Williams is going to be out in the cinema soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Watched Christmas Vacation with a few pals (all expats), then went on to watch Die hard 1 and Harold and Kumars Christmas, the last one was terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm watching Christmas with the Kranks at the moment for the first time. It's a great film. Well worth a watch. Great for kids too. It's going to be on 3e on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day if anyone is looking for something Christmassy to watch.

Advertisement