Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2003 Fiat Ducato Carioca vs 2005 Ford Rimor Superbrig

Options
  • 02-11-2014 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi we are looking at the above 2 campers and with a price difference of 18k asking for the Carioca and 22k for the rimor. Had a test run for a night in the rimor and got used to the extended length -7.3 mtrs and had a bad experience with the control panel which kept shorting out due to short circuiting in the lighting / leisure battery going! Have not looked at the Carioca yet but is a few years older and a bit shabbier in condition however is only 6.5 mtr long and bit easier for parking in shops etc, small garage though compared to the superbrig!
    Needs: 2 adults and 2 kids into biking and fishing holiers -
    can live with the smaller garage of the Carioca and with a bike rack in teh back and fit solar panels/ satelite dome afterwards that allcome as standard in the Rimor.
    Have been warned off these italien makes by a few over here as they are built for that climate other than the German makes that are better built for our climate.
    Any advice welcome?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi gomamochi ,
    We have used Rimors for rentals in the past and will be happy to use them again . Never had any problem with them .
    Dont worry about " built for that climate " , Id imagine the Italian climate is very similar to the German climate .
    We had a visit to Santa in Allwee Caves in the very cold winter of 2010 ??? We stayed overnight at a beach near Ballyvaughan after been ran off the pier in Kinvarra by some scary , crazy local woman .The temp outside was -8 degrees . Inside we were nicely snug all night long .
    We havnt used the Carioca so I cant comment on that .

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The Rimor would be a better built MH . The transit part is the bit that would bother me most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I have a Ducato base in a German MH both faultless so far (touch wood). Make sure what you are buying is sound now regardless of the base. That's what I did and it has been okay for the last 7 years.

Advertisement