Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayne Static has died.

Options
  • 02-11-2014 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Static-X Founder Wayne Static
    Passed Away At Age 48

November 1, 2014 - Platinum selling musician Wayne Richard Wells, better known as WAYNE STATIC, passed away at the age of 48.

WAYNE STATIC was the enigmatic former frontman and namesake of Static-X, who later forged a successful solo career. Wayne was scheduled to co-headline tours with Powerman 5000 and Drowning Pool over the next several months.

No additional information is available at this time.

https://www.facebook.com/staticx/posts/713834178701832

Well this is certainly crappy, unexpected news. I always liked him and loved the band, got to meet him when they opened for Korn a few years back and he couldn't have been nicer.

Rest in Peace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sad news. Met him when they supported down in the academy , genuinely nice fella.

I'm probably in the minority but I loved the cult of static record more than their older stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Terrible shame.
    Solid band who didn't seem to get too big, for themselves or otherwise.

Saw them once as a support for Korn, and they stole the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I would class his output as diminishing returns myself, but some Static-X was superb industrial metal fare.
    R.I.P. (even though he was only 48 I still can't imagine him that old for some reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Always had a soft spot for them.

Loved Machine, really great stuff.

R.I.P

Advertisement