Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Training (Wexford)

• 02-11-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Folks can you help?

We have a 7-8 week old Akita cross. He's a lovely little thing but I can't get him to pee/poop in the same place, it just seems random. He doesn't even go after meals, seems to wait for hours!

Can anyone recommend a dog trainer in the Wexford area. The sooner I can get this guys behaviour under control the happier we'll all be.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

He's still terribly young for there to be much rhyme or reason where he goes to the toilet op, particularly if the person who bred him didn't put much work into housetraining, so don't expect too much from him. It's all about getting him into a routine now during which there will be accidents, especially as he's so young. Is there a reason he's away from his mum and littermates at this age?
    Anyway, to answer your question, the very wonderful Emmaline Duffy-Fallon cover Wexford, you can find her contact details on her website http://www.citizencanineireland.com
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tideswell

DBB

Thank you so much for your advice.
    In answer to your question he was one of a litter that my neighbours dog had. She gave him to me last week.

I'll contact Emmaline and work a bit more with puppy (Iggy).

So far today we've had a good day, lots of garden peeing and pooping....it's keeping me sane!

Thanks again.

Advertisement