Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No WiFi since changing ssid

Options
  • 02-11-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭

I logged into my router this morning and changed the ssid. Since then WiFi will not turn on, I've tried rebooting the router and resetting it but the problem still persists.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: it's the F1000 efibre router that I'm having the problem with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

source wrote: »
    I logged into my router this morning and changed the ssid. Since then WiFi will not turn on, I've tried rebooting the router and resetting it but the problem still persists.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit:  it's the F1000 efibre router that I'm having the problem with.
    Are  you sure you the reset was complete? I tried it before and it didn't reset, I had to told onto it for like 30 seconds I think 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

delete the old wifi profile on your machines & set it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I've got the router to operate on Wi-Fi again however cannot find the network on any devices in the house. I've checked that the network is not hidden but still nothing showing when I scan for available networks.

I've got the router to operate on Wi-Fi again however cannot find the network on any devices in the house. I've checked that the network is not hidden but still nothing showing when I scan for available networks.
    Is the wifi light on, on the router ? 

If none of the devices are picking it up then you probably didn't enable wifi

or it's a different ssid, check which wifi network has the highest signal it may be your one

doctorg wrote: »

or it's a different ssid, check which wifi network has the highest signal it may be your one

The only ssid showing is a UPC one, which I can't connect to. The light is on, I have Wi-Fi enabled and it's not hidden. Tried to reboot again there with predictably the same results.

• Advertisement

The only ssid showing is a UPC one, which I can't connect to. The light is on, I have Wi-Fi enabled and it's not hidden. Tried to reboot again there with predictably the same results.
    Are you sure you reseted the router? 

Are you sure you reseted the router? 

Yes, I used the recessed reset button on the rear of the router.

Advertisement