Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Alliance against War

Options
  • 02-11-2014 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any up to date contact info for them? I'm just wondering if there's any protests planned against the ISIS invasion of Syria and Iraq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Tugboats wrote: »
    Does anyone have any up to date contact info for them? I'm just wondering if there's any protests planned against the ISIS invasion of Syria and Iraq

They only protest when the US and UK are involved, they always ignore the slaughter by others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Tugboats wrote: »

Very funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Didn't you hear? They disbanded after cancelling the airshow prevented any wars from happening anywhere ever again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Storm 10 wrote: »
    They only protest when the US and UK are involved, they always ignore the slaughter by others

and who do you think created, trained and funded isis?
    ?Cee?view wrote: »
    Very funny :D

what's so funny?
    Treadhead wrote: »
    Didn't you hear? They disbanded after cancelling the airshow prevented any wars from happening anywhere ever again...

your blissful ignorance is overwhelming! what have you done to stop war lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, I don't think it's really under GAAW's remit to protest against ISIS. They seem to be mainly concerned with Shannon and US and to some extent Israel/Palestine.
    They are not a general "anti war" movement. Had they been there are many more wars and conflicts they would have been protesting against.

Treadhead wrote: »
    We've been over this before. GAAW didn't stop the show, economics did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

You'd have to be pretty sad and petty to start a thread like this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

and who do you think created, trained and funded isis?
    Lord Grantham, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

They were pretty quiet about Crimea too.

They should change their name to 'Galway Alliance Against Certain Wars' GAACW. Far more accurate.

Anyway didn't they win anyway? NATO is pulling out of Afghanistan and left Iraq long ago. Now who says fifty people marching around Eyre Square doesn't have an impact on the world stage!

Time to disband their work is done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

what have you done to stop war lately?

We could tell you, but then it would undermine the intelligence work done by...

Wait a man in a black suit is just after walking away from my desk now I can't remember what I was typing or why.

Advertisement