Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical install costs - new build

Options
  • 02-11-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭

I know its an impossible question to answer with spec but what in the roughest terms, what is costing nowadays to wire a new build?
    Take the example of 4 bed detached one off house with nothing out of the ordinary, including materials and labour?
    As I say, in the roughest terms so even a range of pricing for the most basic to top end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sparks3000

mickdw wrote: »
    I know its an impossible question to answer with spec but what in the roughest terms, what is costing nowadays to wire a new build?
    Take the example of 4 bed detached one off house with nothing out of the ordinary, including materials and labour?
    As I say, in the roughest terms so even a range of pricing for the most basic to top end

I put a similar job to this out to tender a few months ago . It was sent to four builders their quantity surveyors came up with prices ranging from €11500 to €9500 for electrical ,it was for a high spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Thanks alot.
    Exactly what I was looking for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

mickdw wrote: »

maybe about 4k for a basic spec would be at the cheaper end

i haven't kept up with copper prices lately,a lot would depend on the amount of cable

Advertisement