Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

315 Snn to Mco

Options
  • 02-11-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

On skyscanner / expedia. It is Virgin Atlantic, am I right in adding bags on for this?

Will Aer Lingus charge me for bags going from Snn to Lhr? All one booking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I've flown Virgin Atlantic from Heathrow starting with Aer Lingus in Dublin. The bags were checked all the way through from Dublin and we weren't charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I've flown Virgin Atlantic from Heathrow starting with Aer Lingus in Dublin. The bags were checked all the way through from Dublin and we weren't charged.

Very good. The thing i forgot to mention is the virgin flight is the next day. If hey held out bags overnight it would work well.

Id love to fly on a 747 properly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

McSween wrote: »
    Very good. The thing i forgot to mention is the virgin flight is the next day. If hey held out bags overnight it would work well.

Id love to fly on a 747 properly :-)

Oh, anytime I've flown back, the second flight has always been on the same day. I don't think they can check it all the way when it's overnight. You will have to collect your bags and then check them in again then next day I'd say. They probably won't charge you though. Probably best to check with them.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Oh, anytime I've flown back, the second flight has always been on the same day. I don't think they can check it all the way when it's overnight. You will have to collect your bags and then check them in again then next day I'd say. They probably won't charge you though. Probably best to check with them.

I think I have a solution. I can fly Shannon to LHR to Miami all on same day. Miami is around twenty miles closer to where we are going than the drive from MCO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

McSween wrote: »
    I think I have a solution. I can fly Shannon to LHR to Miami all on same day. Miami is around twenty miles closer to where we are going than the drive from MCO

Where exactly are you going? Have you considered getting a direct flight to the US from here & then getting an internal flight to Fort Lauderdale, or Palm Beach? There are a lot more airports in Florida, than just the two big international ones in Miami & Orlando.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Where exactly are you going? Have you considered getting a direct flight to the US from here & then getting an internal flight to Fort Lauderdale, or Palm Beach? There are a lot more airports in Florida, than just the two big international ones in Miami & Orlando.

We are going on the one year graduate visa. At the beginning we are going to a concert in Fort Myers but many of the flights going there get in quite late.

Looking at that I75 west it appears to run through a wilderness so no motels on it for quite a while.

We head to Tampa for another concert on the 9th January but ultimately staying in Daytona Beach.

Avis dont charge one way car drop off fees so that also helps.

We ended up booking snn-mco one way for 318.

For the record we got booking confirmation numbers from ebookers for both flights (Aer Lingus, Virgin) and can book our seats. Surprise, surprise I cannot access the Aer Lingus leg though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I have a trip coming up in January with Aer Lingus and Virgin and I can't access the AL seat selection either. The record locator doesn't work on the AL website. I spoke to Virgin and seat selection was blocked out for them too.

I think we just have to wait until online check in opens for the AL flight, thought I might try calling them before that.

biddywiddy wrote: »
    I have a trip coming up in January with Aer Lingus and Virgin and I can't access the AL seat selection either. The record locator doesn't work on the AL website. I spoke to Virgin and seat selection was blocked out for them too.

I think we just have to wait until online check in opens for the AL flight, thought I might try calling them before that.

I'm not too bothered about the short haul flight but we booked a two seater near the back on the Virgin.

I can't even access the Virgin seat map online because there are more than 4 flights on our ticket. Hence the call to Virgin so we could get 2 seats together. :)

• Advertisement

biddywiddy wrote: »
    I can't even access the Virgin seat map online because there are more than 4 flights on our ticket. Hence the call to Virgin so we could get 2 seats together. :)

Are you going to Orlando also? I cant wait as I havent been on a 747 in 20 years and that was from snn to dub.

Flying to Newark on an A330, so missing out on the 747 experience.

Advertisement