Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one won't recognise password

Options
  • 02-11-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Turned on my xbox today
    It won't connect to xbox live.

At first I thought it was my internet, so I restarted my wifi 30 seconds off etc...

Still would not connect.

Now all my other devices are connected to my internet no problem, not lag no nothing.

So I thought it might just be xbox live.
    I went to check xbox live status on the xbox website and everything seems to be running fine.

I turned on my xbox 360 and I can connect via my wifi no problem , playing online.

So is my xbox one wifi signal broke or something?

It won't recognise my password no matter how many times I enter it, it just keeps saying password not recognised, please enter again.

But when I enter it on my 360 it goes in fine and I am connected.

Anyone else having this problem. Its certainly not a wifi issue, so I am assuming its my xbox one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Turn on xbox on, goto settings, network, test multplayer... After its finished press both shoulder buttons and triggers at the same time and see what comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

deco nate wrote: »
    Turn on xbox on, goto settings, network, test multplayer... After its finished press both shoulder buttons and triggers at the same time and see what comes up.

can't test anything if it won't let me connect to my wifi
    password won't get recognised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    can't test anything if it won't let me connect to my wifi
    password won't get recognised

Is your router after baning the Xbox? Might be worth logging into it to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I'd bet money that you're in the preview program?

It's a known issue with the latest update.

Edit: FWIW They have a quest on it, as part of the quest they ask that if your wireless internet is currently broadcasting a 5mhz try 2.4mhz and if you have a hard drive plug it into the other USB port.

Nolimits wrote: »
    I'd bet money that you're in the preview program?

It's a known issue with the latest update.

Edit: FWIW They have a quest on it, as part of the quest they ask that if your wireless internet is currently broadcasting a 5mhz try 2.4mhz and if you have a hard drive plug it into the other USB port.

I am indeed. Wow looks like i wont be playing any call of duty tomorrow now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I am indeed. Wow looks like i wont be playing any call of duty tomorrow now.

If it's that important to you then you should be able to pick up a long ethernet cable for a few quid, it might not be ideal but it's only for a short period of time

Nolimits wrote: »
    If it's that important to you then you should be able to pick up a long ethernet cable for a few quid, it might not be ideal but it's only for a short period of time

Ah il wait. Should of left the programme ages ago. Nothing but hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I was affected yesterday after downloading the latest update. Took me a few mins to grab the Ethernet cable and hardwire it into the router just to tide me over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Disconnect the Kinect and you will be back in business , get the lastest update then.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4267/t/1858256.aspx

Advertisement