Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciara Conway

Options
  • 02-11-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Ms Conway is in the Independent today bemoaning the fact that there is only one place for nappy changing in the Dail.
    Given what's happening in the country , not to mention her county at present, I wonder about her priorities.
    There may be more than nappies changed at the next election !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Why would she be worried about nappy changing units when she has a (near) teenage daughter?this is something I'd expect from lucinda creighton not her!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Why would you even need one in there?

She just keeps finding new ways to disappoint me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

She is finished politically....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

jayboi wrote: »
    Why would you even need one in there?

TDs often behave like toddlers, so maybe it's for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ms Conway is in the Independent today bemoaning the fact that there is only one place for nappy changing in the Dail.

No reason she shouldn't bemoan it though... as the parent of a toddler, I'm annoyed when there aren't facilities, and delighted when there are. It's important.

I haven't read the interview, so I hope she was also bemoaning the lack of a university here... no? Well there's a surprise!

She'll definitely be getting the Alan Sugar boardroom pointy finger at the next election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Nappies in the dail, fine, why not. I am with her on that.

Overall though, her report card reads as follows: Least impressive TD Waterford has sent to the Dail in living memory. And considering the extraordinarily "strong" competition in this category, that is quite an achievement in it's own right. It's like the office busybody / xmas party planner got lost and ended up in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

What an idiot.

This is the one that was all smiles at the announcement of TalkTalk closing yes?

How is she even still in the Dail?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

She is always talking about national issues.

She's making a valid point here - if we want to see more women in politics (and why wouldn't we?) than we need to make the Dail a more friendly place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Sully wrote: »

She's making a valid point here - if we want to see more women in politics (and why wouldn't we?) than we need to make the Dail a more friendly place.

I can't think of any other workplaces with baby changing facilities(apart from a creche obviously).
    Why would they be needed in the Dail?
    Are Td's allowed bring their toddlers there?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

The issues with women getting into politics has nothing to do with facilities in the Dail and you know it. Don't make excuses for the woman she knows what the issues are nationally and locally and she's steering clear of them. All she is going is gain the support of people who easily fooled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I know a number of women who voted for her because they wanted a female TD, they're regretting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

She has to go down as the biggest let down politician Waterford ever had,she has done absolutely nothing for this county,her priorities is completely messed up.was not so long ago she wanted the labour leadership but didn't want the responsibility of ministry.how is that possible?every opportunity she got she was standing beside her darling gilmore.how can she be proud of everything Labour Party has done to there core supporters,they have gone against everything labour stood for.james Connelly must be spinning in his grave to see what the modern day buffoons are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Why are politicians like nappies?

Because they are full of sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

This is the one that was all smiles at the announcement of TalkTalk closing yes?

Yeah that's her, too busy getting her photo taken with her party leader to give a crap about hundreds of people being laid off.

She dosen't need to worry about Dail facilities anyway, she won't be there come the next election. She's the biggest waste of space Waterford has ever sent to the Dail and that includes Ollie Wilkinson, Jackie Fahey, Eddie Collins and Brendan "expenses" Kenneally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Why are politicians like nappies?

Because they are full of sh*te!

More accurate to say: Because they need to be changed often (and for the same reason)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Flight Ciara Conway 202 has been shot down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Well done Ciara. Thanks again for showing the reasons why I never gave or will give you a vote in any election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Ah will ya stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Seriously are you for real?,how the feck does having nappy changing facilities make the dail a friendly place :confused:

I work with 500+ women and there is no nappy changing facilities,does your workplace have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

jiFfM.jpg

I despair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 yamal/UCJT

I was in Germany for the last few years. Don't tell me someone elected Ciara Conway. Why???? Back to Berlin me thinks until someone in Ireland gets a large cop - on pill !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

As a matter of interest..

Who did vote for her?

I certainly didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Is this seriously her contribution to Irish politics this week !
    It's no wonder we are where we are with that caliber representing Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

totally vague and off topic but interwebs veterans from bitd may remember a story that broke on a short lived Irish news site called Cogair about someone in politics who liked wearing nappies. Not a hope of names being mentioned but reminded of it on reading this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Why does she have a baby at work? It would not be allowed anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I took issue reading this yesterday, but the temptation to lead with a face palm for Ciara Conway was too great.

Why would only women appreciate nappy changing facilities? Are men incapable of changing nappies? Do you really think that something as small as nappy changing facilities would make the slightest bit of difference to the amount of women entering politics? How do you think that conversation would go? "Oh I really want to change Ireland for the better... but there's no nappy changing facilities in the Dail, so I think I'll leave it off!"

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Waterford's weakest ever local T.D. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ciara Conway is finished. She is absolutely hopeless. The previous few months have done her no favours whatsoever.

Why would a TD be bringing a baby to the Dail?

Why is it only women that would benefit?

How does nappy changing facilities make somewhere a more friendly place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

turk turkleton, thats a new low and pathetic. not going to even repeat what said above but leave sexist and comments about appearence out of it.
    Do the half decent thing and remove your post and yourself from anything that passes for intelligent conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Christ almighty. That post truly beggars belief.

Advertisement