Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ciara Conway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seanorpen

Cullen got 'The Blempt' but it was Noel Dempsey's baby really. He did sign the cheque though. I would still consider Cullen good for Waterford. Lots of nice roads. Who is this Ciara Conway wan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

seanorpen wrote: »
    Cullen got 'The Blempt' but it was Noel Dempsey's baby really. He did sign the cheque though. I would still consider Cullen good for Waterford. Lots of nice roads. Who is this Ciara Conway wan ?

Runway motorway the taxpayers have to pay the toll people for???

7upfree wrote: »
    Cullen actually did stuff. And got stuff. And we had a say at the cabinet table.

He inherited the voting machines.

She and the present incumbents would appear to be the worst performing politicians in a very long time.

Cullen was a shyster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

efb wrote: »
    Cullen was a shyster
    Based on what?, if physical things are a method of showing the Merits of a politician Martin Cullen is streets ahead of any politician in Waterford in recent years.
    your snide comments about his back are irrelevant and cruel, the man screwed up his back in a car accident and you make fun of it? If he was in a wheelchair would you do the same?

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Based on what?, if physical things are a method of showing the Merits of a politician Martin Cullen is streets ahead of any politician in Waterford in recent years.
    your snide comments about his back are irrelevant and cruel, the man screwed up his back in a car accident and you make fun of it? If he was in a wheelchair would you do the same?

Is his rehabilitation in florida helping???

How's that press secretary of his?

• Advertisement

He did sell off aer lingus too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

katydid wrote: »
    It would actually be worse, as at present there is no real barrier for women who are determined. If you want to be in politics, you have to have a hard neck.

I can tell you from experience when it comes to political partys there are barriers to women, in most cases the men will often vote for the men when it comes to nominating candidates.

There's no barrier if women run as independent, but running as part of a party most certainly does have barriers

So you are his moral compass as well , is he not allowed get his leg over either?
    Grow up you silly man, you should play the ball not the man.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    So you are his moral compass as well , is he not allowed get his leg over either?
    Grow up you silly man, you should play the ball not the man.

Not when involves government tenders

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

motorway the taxpayers have to pay the toll people for???

Err, the M9 motorway has no tolls. Considering the M8 has two tolls Waterford has actually done very well out of the motorway.... Toll wise.

You appear to be confusing the M9 with the Waterford bypass which does have a toll , they are separate roads.

• Advertisement

Not when involves government tenders

Grammaticaly incorrect and nonsensical , are you trying to say he can't get a ride if he is involved in tendering for a government tender?

Did the Shinners abstain?

Yep, I believe SF don't have a party policy on the issue yet.

Which begs the question why didn't they allow a free vote in the mean time? Pathetic action by them refusing to vote.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Err, the M9 motorway has no tolls. Considering the M8 has two tolls Waterford has actually done very well out of the motorway.... Toll wise.

You appear to be confusing the M9 with the Waterford bypass which does have a toll , they are separate roads.

The tolled rolls and underused motorways then

Which begs the question why didn't they allow a free vote in the mean time? Pathetic action by them refusing to vote.

Free vote and Sinn Fein = oxymoron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Runway motorway the taxpayers have to pay the toll people for???

Bridge Kilkenny jobs crossing people for

They have to check the polls- like the water charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I am sure she is fine, considering the nasty underhand smear campaign that was waged against her to discredit a man who did, as was stated in an earlier post, a good deal more than previous or current Waterford TD's ever done.

They have to check the polls- like the water charges

Are you drunk ? Cos you are making no sense whatsoever, bye bye .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Cullen was a shyster

Call him what you like. A cabinet minister (full one. not playing at one).

Who delivered.

Bitter much? Credit where its due.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous. Abstention is a perversion of democracy. They're put their to make decisions. Not sit on their hands.

The tolled rolls and underused motorways then

Are you ACTUALLY on the beer? That "underused motorway" has saved countless lives since it was opened. Given the dirt track that it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Time to unsubscribe from this thread now, methinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Are you ACTUALLY on the beer? That "underused motorway" has saved countless lives since it was opened. Given the dirt track that it replaced.

And even that's been shown to be untrue now, though the myth persists, and will no doubt continue to do so. Traffic levels on the M9 are comparable to the M8, M7 and M6. Sorry for going off-topic, but I hate listening to this being trotted out again and again. It seems to be an article of faith for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

fricatus wrote: »
    And even that's been shown to be untrue now, though the myth persists, and will no doubt continue to do so. Traffic levels on the M9 are comparable to the M8, M7 and M6. Sorry for going off-topic, but I hate listening to this being trotted out again and again. It seems to be an article of faith for some people.[/quote

Just had a look on the NRAs road usage map and the M9 has double the amount of cars on it that the Galway motorway has.

It has less than Limerick and Cork for obvious reasons but this ghost road myth needs to be put to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

And even that's been shown to be untrue now, though the myth persists, and will no doubt continue to do so. Traffic levels on the M9 are comparable to the M8, M7 and M6. Sorry for going off-topic, but I hate listening to this being trotted out again and again. It seems to be an article of faith for some people.

I know a lot of lads where I work wouldn't have a job without it, it makes Carlow a commutable run daily. If this is a good or a bad thing is a different debate however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

O Riain wrote: »
    And even that's been shown to be untrue now, though the myth persists, and will no doubt continue to do so. Traffic levels on the M9 are comparable to the M8, M7 and M6. Sorry for going off-topic, but I hate listening to this being trotted out again and again. It seems to be an article of faith for some people.[/quote

Just had a look on the NRAs road usage map and the M9 has double the amount of cars on it that the Galway motorway has.

It has less than Limerick and Cork for obvious reasons but this ghost road myth needs to be put to bed.

great post O Riain/Fricatus, i have heard the myth about the M9 numerous times including on matt copper et al, no offence to Matt, I usually find him on the ball. I looked up the NRA portal and the figures seem true alright, how does this $hit start, suppose it suits other regions to mop up funds saying things like sure the SE got a motorway and shouldnt have, yet happy to throw money after unsustainable railways etc in other regions.

Great stats. I didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

that is interesting.... i have heard that so many times......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Junior wrote: »
    I know a lot of lads where I work wouldn't have a job without it, it makes Carlow a commutable run daily. If this is a good or a bad thing is a different debate however.

It's a good thing.
    Accessibility is always a good thing.
    Making it work for you, so that more things are coming towards you than going away from you is the opportunity / challenge.
    /Debate

Advertisement