Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey on Fallout : New Vegas and your decisions. Hope boardsies can help!

Options
  • 02-11-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking at Fallout New Vegas as part of a media analysis project and focusing on the in-game propaganda and decisions you make.

I'm hoping you can help me out by clicking through this survey for me as the questions and results obtained will be a lot more beneficial coming from people who have actually played the game.

It's only 8 questions and shouldn't take more than a minute.

Survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CMWLN5R

I've asked Retr0gamer for permission to post this too.

Hope you can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just started playing it yesterday. Played an hour of it a few years back. Can i ask are there spoilers in the survey, so you have to have completed a certain amount before being and to answer the questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It lists three of the different factions in the game and asks who you sided with (if any), but that's the extent of spoilers really. I won't be closing the survey until next week but maaaaybe you should avoid it just to be safe.

I'm taking answers from everyone, only 4/8 questions rely on you having played it to maybe the halfway point of the main story but all they really ask is "Out of these three, who did you find yourself siding with?"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool will give it a go if I get far enough and the survey is still opwn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Haven't taken it yet but I wonder if the results could be skewed by someone that's just trying to do it all in one playthrough or is doing a particular type of playthrough?

Of course this probably won't affect it all and I'll end up looking like a fool once I see the survey.

Had a couple of people asking that too, I'm really just going for first or overall impressions.

Obviously fans of the series will have played it multiple times to try different results, but I'm looking for first impression and experiences, as if it was someone just playing it through once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Done

You left out 1 possible faction
    Yes Man, the robot...which goes for an independent Vegas, I always went with this choice.......killed Mr.House as early as I could by sneaking into his lab, couldn't side with the Romans as they were going around crucifying people, and NCR just annoyed me. So I always went with Yes Man

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Filled it out there.

Seems like an interesting project, be sure to let us know how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Filled it out there too.

This just makes me want Fallout 4 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Just did it there. Make sure to share the results with us.Sounds like an interesting project

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I didnt expand on the propaganda question as there are too many variables. As long as its not glaring I dont mind and you have choices so its not such a big issue in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Survey wrote:
    *propaganda

Fixed your survey :P

Seems like an interesting area and as above, I would be interested in results/conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The problem with Propagnda is that if it is being done right, you don't necessarily know it is there!

I left that blank as well but definitely think other people's agendas can be included (conciously or otherwise...although I guess it would probably need to be conciously in order to qualify as propaganda).

Thanks folks!

I'm gonna ends up closing it probably later tonight or tomorrow.

I was hoping for around 40-50 results.

Between here, facebook and the fallout subreddit, I'm at 1251 responses.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Between here, facebook and the fallout subreddit, I'm at 1251 responses.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Will you be sharing the results here? Be interested to see what people make of it.

Advertisement