Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Car Sales

Options
  • 02-11-2014 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Looking to buy a new car but not overly keen on the done deal/car zone route as the my car knowledge wouldn't be great

Do any of the garages around do used car sales for someone looking for within a 3,500 to 4 grand budget or will I have to stick to the online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

skytl wrote: »
    Looking to buy a new car but not overly keen on the done deal/car zone route as the my car knowledge wouldn't be great

Do any of the garages around do used car sales for someone looking for within a 3,500 to 4 grand budget or will I have to stick to the online?

There's the garage out the old Tramore rd by Castletown (http://www.carbargains.ie) and there's your man over in Carrigeen by Grannagh. Never dealt with either tho

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

No matter where you go you have the same risk.

Bring the car straight to the main dealer for a full inspection before buying. If the seller doesn't agree then walk away.

Best 100 quid you'll ever spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Bring the car straight to the main dealer for a full inspection before buying. If the seller doesn't agree then walk away.

Best 100 quid you'll ever spend.

^^ This is the most important piece of advice you need when buying a car.

Going to a main dealer is a good suggestion. Alternatively you can get the AA or RAC to do a vehicle inspection, or get a trusted mechanic to do it. I bought my last car in the UK and the RAC inspection was not cheap (£250). However I've done 110,000 trouble-free miles in my car and she's still going strong, so while it might seem like a fair few bob, it's something you won't regret in the long run.

And I'll say it again: if the seller doesn't agree then walk away.

Other than that, just test-drive as many cars as you can. You'll get a much better feel for what sort of vehicle you want and what meets your needs once you've driven a few. Once you've a shortlist, post up on the Motors forum. There are loads of people on there and you're bound to get a quick reply - and most are helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Try Pat Sawyer & Sons Used Car Sales in the Industrial Estate in Tramore

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=912925228722104

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

call over to billy ryan in ferrybank village motors its called he sells from his tyre yard just behind spar he will have something in your price range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

and do a car history before you buy.....

so many people get caught still these days for outstanding finance on cars and other hidden past histories...

Advertisement