Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First :P Net spend, Rodgers out etc etc.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

New thread, new beginnings, season starts now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Second. Hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

well in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rogers in.

Transfer committee out.

Shake it all about.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Because Rodgers has himself stated catagorically that he calls the shots re:transfers

I'd be surprised if he is.

You reckon ballotelli fits in the mould of a total Rodgers player? i,e, good attitude, hard worker, fast, bust a gut for the team, able for fast interchange in the front 3 positions

I'm not sure about any other player but I'm convinced he was wasn't a signing that Rodgers said "Yes, get me him. He's a player I really want"

Seemed like more of a good purchase from a financial point of view, relatively low risk. If he's muck, we could get most of the cash back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just on wages issue, this is the wages spend in 2012/13

City - £233m
    United - £183m
    Chelsea - £179m
    Arsenal - £154m
    Liverpool £133m

Those differences are crazy. The difference between us an chelsea is roughly 6 extra Di Marias. People go on about us spending £100m+ in transfer this summer while City spend that amount extra on wages every year compared to us. Asking us to compete with these 5 other teams is a huge ask.

Just on wages issue, this is the wages spend in 2012/13

City - £233m
    United - £183m
    Chelsea - £179m
    Arsenal - £154m
    Liverpool £133m

Those differences are crazy. The difference between us an chelsea is roughly 6 extra Di Marias. People go on about us spending £100m+ in transfer this summer while City spend that amount extra on wages every year compared to us. Asking us to compete with these 5 other teams is a huge ask.

Utds will be massive for this season but tbh, they can afford it so it's like comparing ours with Hulls

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rodgers on Liverpool transfer committee and how he will always have final say on signings.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-fc-transfer-7185770

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Fair play to Mr.Alan, he has done a solid 24 hr shift since yesterdays defeat, I wouldn't dare accuse him of only posting when Liverpool lose, just glad to see his thirst for posting has returned.

We're all pissed off with how we're playing and with some of BR's selections/tactics/signings, some of us are just a bit more vocal about it seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I CAN SEE A NET SPEND DEBATE COMIN'.

OH GOODY GOODY GUMDROPS;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You reckon ballotelli fits in the mould of a total Rodgers player? i,e, good attitude, hard worker, fast, bust a gut for the team, able for fast interchange in the front 3 positions

I'm not sure about any other player but I'm convinced he was wasn't a signing that Rodgers said "Yes, get me him. He's a player I really want"

Seemed like more of a good purchase from a financial point of view, relatively low risk. If he's muck, we could get most of the cash back.

I feared at the time that Rodgers believed his own hype & thought he could turn Balotelli around. Cementing his reputation as getting the most out of young players with plenty of ability but other issues. Nothing that has happened subsequently has changed my view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

RAFA IN RODGERS OWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

From Slic Rick in the previous thread:
    something I didn't realise...

In 20 of the 22 games Rodgers' Liverpool has achieved a clean sheet in the League (Liverpool have played 58 games under Rodgers), Agger played in 20 of them.

wow.

Without actually seeing a breakdown of the games you really can't take much from that.

For example, it could be that Rodgers overwhelmingly picked Agger in home games against bottom 10 sides. Or that the bulk of these came in matches when we were in good form which wouldn't necessarily have been down to how Agger played.

Regardless, Agger was made of porcelain. Whether he's been adequately replaced is another issue but I think it needed to be done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fair play to Mr.Alan, he has done a solid 24 hr shift since yesterdays defeat, I wouldn't dare accuse him of only posting when Liverpool lose, just glad to see his thirst for posting has returned.

We're all pissed off with how we're playing and with some of BR's selections/tactics/signings, some of us are just a bit more vocal about it seemingly.

Give it up lads.

The man is as entitled as anyone to post.

Its all about opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bring 'Louie' home.

Give it up lads.

Its all about opinions.

It would be pretty boring in here if we all agreed with each other and questioned nothing.

Gbear wrote: »
    Without actually seeing a breakdown of the games you really can't take much from that.

We saw a breakdown of games during the summer. It included plenty of top sides. Perhaps even a disproportionality large amount.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bring 'Louie' home.

Himself and 'Ronnie' can sit side by side on the plane over and everything will be sunshine and lollipops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bring 'Louie' home.

Tbh we should never have sold him imho. Everybody out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So anyone fancy a net spend argument ?

Give it up lads.

Its all about opinions.

It's attention seeking from him.

When Alan rightly ignores him he moves on to someone else.

Bring 'Louie' home.

Someone called?

Louie-Spence-007.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

New thread, new optimism.
    We'll draw 0-0 with Madrid and then beat Chelsea 2-0 at Anfield.

Sturbridge will soon be back and Sakho will make an unlikely but positive return to the team.

We saw a breakdown of games during the summer. It included plenty of top sides. Perhaps even a disproportionality large amount.

Not really much point arguing about Agger any more when he said himself he just wasn't able for it any more. :(

Himself and 'Ronnie' can sit side by side on the plane over and everything will be sunshine and lollipops.

I can't see it happening until we get Adidas back making our jerseys, then they will fund it.

Not really much point arguing about Agger any more when he said himself he just wasn't able for it any more. :(

Which was in itself at odds with what he said all last year.

So when the club allowed him leave back to his home town club, he basically spun a line that would suit the club. Not surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Was only starting to get a feel for the old thread and all. :(

The last 49 players signed by the club.

At this moment in time you'd be hard pushed to pick a dozen genuine successful signings from that list. Potentially there is still time for a half dozen or so of Rodgers signings.

Season 14/15
    Emre Can Maybe
    Rickie Lambert
    Adam Lallana Maybe
    Lazar Marković Maybe
    Dejan Lovren Maybe
    Divock Origi Maybe
    Alberto Moreno Maybe
    Mario Balotelli

Season 13/14
    Luis Alberto Maybe
    Iago Aspas
    Kolo Toure
    Simon Mignolet
    Tiago Ilori Maybe
    Mamadou Sakho Maybe

Season 12/13
    Fabio Borini
    Joe Allen Maybe
    Oussama Assaidi
    Samed Yesil
    Daniel Sturridge Hit
    Philippe Coutinho Hit
    Jordan Ibe maybe

Season 11/12
    Jordan Henderson Hit
    Charlie Adam
    Doni
    Stewart Downing
    Sanchez Jose Enrique
    Sebastian Coates
    Craig Bellamy Hit
    Villyan Bijev
    Danny Ward

Season 10/11
    Jonjo Shelvey
    Milan Jovanović
    Danny Wilson
    Joe Cole
    Fabio Aureilo Hit
    Christian Poulson
    Brad Jones
    Raul Meireles Hit
    Paul Konchesky
    Suso Signed
    Yusuf Mersin
    Luis Suarez Hit
    Andrew Carroll

Season 09/10
    Glen Johnson Hit
    Chris Mavinga
    Stephen Sama
    Alberto Aquilani $H1t
    Sotirios Kyrgiakos
    Maxi Rodriguez Hit

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Alberto Aquilani Hit

Your having a laugh now!!

The likes of Sakho & Allen being flagged as "maybes" is cringey. They've had plenty of time & don't appear to be good enough.

I know he gets a hard time time on here but I would have Enrique as a hit, especially ahead of the likes of 'Bellers'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The likes of Sakho & Allen being flagged as "maybes" is cringey. They've had plenty of time & don't appear to be good enough.

Allen is a fine squad player. Not a 15m player but decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I know he gets a hard time time on here but I would have Enrique as a hit, especially ahead of the likes of 'Bellers'.

Plus he has the type of madness in him that I like. For example wrestling his brother in his jocks on his bed and posting the photos online. Great stuff altogether.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Doni

You missed 3 Hits after his name for LB/RB/CF......he even gave GK a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hard to know what signings were rodgers and what were the "transfer committees" signings, half our signings seem to be for the future, the signings for now are a mixed bag at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

It's attention seeking from him.

When Alan rightly ignores him he moves on to someone else.

Well spotted, now I'll move onto you, the non attention seeker who doesn't absolutely batter every tiny little in joke over and over and over again in a very sad attempt at gaining thanks. In fairness to Alan and Lloyd they provide some content in their posts even if their style isn't to my taste, you sir contribute diddly, apart from petty digs at Utd and Arsenal, cheap pops at BR and Stevie G, and pathetic attempts at humour.

Bring Louie Home, The Rodgers, Moses Gags, Aspas Corners gags, Sakho/Cissokho gags etc etc etc TIRED AND TESTED material. Though you'll have a couple of buddies that have your back and thank it, obv as long as you thank their posts.

Sakho has started 19 league games for us. I think he'll be a hit tbh.

As for Skrtel :o The guy is an embarressment

Plus he has the type of madness in him that I like. For example wrestling his brother in his jocks on his bed and posting the photos online.

We all know that is the kind of stuff you like to watch alright.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Why is it so black and white? Allen is a good player who generally contributes to the team. I don't see him ever being one of our best players but I'm happy to have him in the squad.

As for Sahko, he's done enough to show he's as good as our other CBs (not saying much) and if fit he should be starting for me.

• Advertisement

Well spotted, now I'll move onto you, the non attention seeker who doesn't absolutely batter every tiny little in joke over and over and over again in a very sad attempt at gaining thanks. In fairness to Alan and Lloyd they provide some content in their posts even if their style isn't to my taste, you sir contribute diddly, apart from petty digs at Utd and Arsenal, cheap pops at BR and Stevie G, and pathetic attempts at humour.

Bring Louie Home, The Rodgers, Moses Gags, Aspas Corners gags, Sakho/Cissokho gags etc etc etc TIRED AND TESTED material. Though you'll have a couple of buddies that have your back and thank it, obv as long as you thank their posts.

Serious stuff this boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

As for Skrtel :o The guy is an embarressment

I hope you're right but the embarrassment remains on par with ~€40 million worth of new CB's

NukaCola wrote: »
    We all know that is the kind of stuff you like to watch alright.... :pac:

When in Rome ;)

Smell of virginity of this post.

(Hoping Turtyturd thanks this)

I have no issues with Allen as a squad player, but that's clearly not what he was bought for. Do people want me to go dig up all the quotes from Rodgers about how huge a player he was going to be for us?

Allen is a grand player. But when judging his transfer it has to be a "miss"

tok9 wrote: »
    As for Sahko, he's done enough to show he's as good as our other CBs (not saying much) and if fit he should be starting for me.

So he's as good as our other CBs who we all agree are not good enough. Therefore he is not good enough.

His transfer is another "miss"

Think you mean Cissokho...lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I have no issues with Allen as a squad player, but that's clearly not what he was bought for. Do people want me to go dog up all the quotes from Rodgers about how huge a player he was going to be for us?

Allen is a grand player. But when judging his transfer it has to be a "miss"

lol. what do you expect him to say to the press "He's okay, not great, but he'll do as a squad player I suppose."

Your having a laugh now!!

I dont know how that hit creeped in there, its fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

lol. what do you expect him to say to the press "He's okay, not great, but he'll do as a squad player I suppose."
    That's pretty much what Rogers said when he brought Lambert in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement