Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if the rumoured team is correct, that means that Rodgers has dropped Lovren, Gerrard, Sterling and Balotelli for the game.

tell me what the mindset is for the game, eh?

yeah, yeah...Chelsea at the weekend, blah blah. couldn't give a shíte. a good performance would give the legs all the energy they need for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hard to pick a team for it. I definitely want Lucas back in the team and am desperate for 2 strikers.

Johnson . Skrtel . Lovren . Moreno

......... Henderson .... Lucas .............
    Lallana ..............................Coutinho

......... Balotelli ......... Borini ...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In Rafa's last season we were minutes in extra time from a European final.

Minutes doesn't cut it! Grand at the time but a Europa Cup Semi Final (which we got to because we failed poorly in the CL) is hardly worth crowing about 5 years later. Same if we nearly get to a League Cup final this year, we'll hardly fondly remember it in 2020.
    With regards to the last bit, everything that was so good about us last season has been absent thus far this season. It's like the first half of 2012 / 13 all over again. Wouldn't you agree? It's concerning, it needs to change.

Well that's where everybody is agreed, you seem to have no faith in Rodgers whatsoever.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That's basically what I'm saying.

You'd swear we were a midtable club who had won the FA Cup to get in or something the way some people are going on. We shipped the first three goal defeat in Europe since the Evans era in our last game!! And that's okay? Baffling.

People call Gerrard the weak link all this season, first time he gets dropped.................

Lambert is a bit of a joke tbh, I suspect Rodgers wants somebody who'll compete and get some success at holding the ball up. I'd have went Borini myself.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, until you see the actual team, then please don't be engaging in the self-righteous indignation just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The concern is that Real play a reserve knockabout side against Ludogorets on the final night, luckily the game is in the Berniebow so the home crowd will demand a good show.

Yeah we need Madrid to whitewash the group for it to happen. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Lads, until you see the actual team, then please don't be engaging in the self-righteous indignation just yet.
    But but but but it was on Twitter so it must be true:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There was also the footballing lesson Liverpool where handed by Valencia that same season the lost to Celtic at home.

Also the shambles V Fiorentina in 2009.

They may not have been 3 goals but they were worse the being beating by the current European champions who are on a stunning run of form in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U19s Real 1 - 0 Liverpool

All coming from a very sloppy piece of ball playing in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

The Wall didn't Jump. Are you kidding me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    unfortunately, that team screams to me that Rodgers is open to taking a humbling.

Even if that is the team, it's not like any of those dropped would've definitively staked a claim for starting spot.

I think some criticism for some of the players has been harsh, but virtually none of them have actually been any good either.

We've been crying out for Rodgers to try something different.

May as well do it tonight. We've nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

According to Balague the team will be

Mignolet
    Manquillo---Skrtel--Toure--Moreno
    Lucas

Allen
    Can
    Markovic----Borini
    Lallana

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/11/04/english/1415113971_953576.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Gbear wrote: »
    Even if that is the team, it's not like any of those dropped would've definitively staked a claim for starting spot.

I think some criticism for some of the players has been harsh, but virtually none of them have actually been any good either.

We've been crying out for Rodgers to try something different.

May as well do it tonight. We've nothing to lose.
    Yup, what Rodgers has been doing so far this season simply hasn't worked. Surely Rodgers himself can see that!

Just thinking back to the last meeting with Real Madrid when they called our tactics 'sh!t on a stick'. I wonder what they will call our tactics this time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Real are lethal on the break. If Liverpool try to attack too much it'll be like rope a dope tonight.

They've got to set up as solid as possible. Try to keep possession in a controlled patient way. Full backs can't push on too much tonight and if they do they'll need mid players to cover them. Nil nil would be an excellent result as it would show the team can be disciplined in defence and they'll probably need to play a similar way against Chelsea too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

MD1990 wrote: »

Mignolet
    Lucas

Allen
    Can
    Markovic----Borini
    Lallana

Happy enough with that. All willing to work and looks quite solid in the middle where Real are strong.
    If nil nil at 70 minutes, Sterling might be able to make a difference at that stage.

Borini makes far more sense.

putting Lambert up there on his own is just putting a slower, less technical version of Balotelli up there, and we'll have the same problems as we have had.

Liverpools midfield are still in the clouds in the U19s game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why the **** was Lambert signed in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think Lloyd is going a bit Pilsbury Doughboy but I get why he is very annoyed tbh. If the team for tonight is as expected weakened & basically expecting defeat it is very disapointing mindset. We know Real are a great team but Man Utd drew with Bayern last year at home. Its a one off game & we should be playing our best team & be determined to try & make amends for the first game.

I'd love it, if people would stop using me as an example of a poster that frequently loses the run of himself/herself.
    I really think the edit I've done to your post is a much more acceptable adjective.
    Damn that Pilsbury Doughboy!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sub, emergency backup, the cups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mignolet
    Lucas

Allen
    Can
    Markovic----Borini
    Lallana

Says to me Rodgers has a game plan, not that ****e formation he has persisted with all season. You will get some work rate from Lallana, Borini, Allen, Can and Lucas.

Should be interesting if anything tonight.

• Advertisement

an alternative way of playing should we need a target man.

the problem is Balotelli is a better version of Lambert, and for some reason, Mario was the best deal we could do in the transfer window.

this means Lambert's opportunities have decreased significantly.

i don't think Rodgers ever thought we'd have to play the way we are at the moment - essentially starting every game with a target man. that was going to be a secondary option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We had a 20% percentage of future sales clause as part of his release from the club all those years ago.
    Southampton were willing to let him go a nominal sum but we say 'no way', as we didn't want to lose out on a bumper pay day due to the clause, so we paid the 3 million to get our bit back. Smart business there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

I think if he'd been given the amount of game time Balotelli has gotten he'd have scored a few by now, most of his sub appearances are when we're stuggling to make anything happen and he's the last ditch option....hardly going to inspire his confidence

Filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

K-9 wrote: »
    Minutes doesn't cut it! Grand at the time but a Europa Cup Semi Final (which we got to because we failed poorly in the CL) is hardly worth crowing about 5 years later. Same if we nearly get to a League Cup final this year, we'll hardly fondly remember it in 2020.

'Crowing about'? No. But an indication that we remained solid in European Competition. Babel got us the goal in Lyon that would have been good enough to see us through and we conceded two minutes later - just didn't hang on. It was the nature of the year that was in it. But when we did parachute into the Europa League we set about winning it, as per the expectations of the club in European competition.
    Well that's where everybody is agreed, you seem to have no faith in Rodgers whatsoever.

Perform, win games. I am concerned at what is happening sans Suarez.
    People call Gerrard the weak link all this season, first time he gets dropped.................

Lambert is a bit of a joke tbh, I suspect Rodgers wants somebody who'll compete and get some success at holding the ball up. I'd have went Borini myself.

I haven't been calling Gerrard the weak link.

We should be putting our best foot forward tonight. If the manager needs to drop Gerrard because he thinks our tactical best foot forward doesn't involve him so be it. But ringing in the changes generally smacks of not giving it our all...

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOI

Brannagan

Brannigan. :D

Should be two Wilson a great chance he overplayed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

If that ballague team is correct, im fine with that tbh. The only player id have doubts about is markovic, his confidence is low, playing him in a defensive side at the bernabeu probably isnt gonna help. Though I guess he does seem fairly disciplined on the defensive side of things and has pace which could be useful if we ever get the ball in their half. Borini and lallana makes perfect sense, as does the midfield three imo. More disciplined than gerrard and henderson who could both do with a rest anyway, they havent been playing very well lately

• Advertisement

Should be two Wilson a great chance he overplayed

Should have Hit it, 1st Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I would be absolutely shocked if we started with Kolo and Markovic.

Some of our Passes... they're not even Close.

HT 1-1

Liverpool dominated by Madrid for the first 20 minutes or so, but they've turned it round and have had more clear chances on goal, but for a few passes they'd be two up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I wouldnt be too surprised by kolo starting. He knows how to defend, im not sure anyone else in our squad does. Though the thought of ronaldo or bale getting 1v1 with him is hilariously terrifying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

New LFCTV channel out today not paying €9 a month for it.

Supporters not customers, we are already forking enough for Sky Sports and Bt.

• Advertisement

Kent left his Shooting Boots at Home.

Jesus, it should have been 4-1 to us.

OMG what a missed chance - Liverpool are all over Madrid should be 3-1 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

mikeym wrote: »

The content quality is dire on the current one, it would seriously want to improve for €9 per month. Barely watch it anyway so no problem to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

What channel is the U21 match on lads?

• Advertisement

Eurosport 72 mins gone 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Sorry lads, completely off topic. I'm looking at going to the QPR game in May and can get tickets now. I'm using the guy a friend uses all the time for tickets and he's saying they're 95 euro. Is this the going rate these days. I havent been over since 09 or 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Eurosport 72 mins gone 1-1
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

mikeym wrote: »

Is it available on UPC?

F@cking Hell.

The RB Pussyfooted, and we got Punished for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

F@cking Hell.

The RB Pussyfooted, and we got Punished for it.

Did we concede?

3-1 now. Peno. Rossiter lucky to be still on the pitch.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Did we concede?

Yup. Looks like an OG.

Rossiter gave a Pen too. So it's 3-1 to them.

Ah well, LFC kids usually take their chances but not today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gerrard, Sterling, Ballotelli, Lovren and Johnson all expected not to start the game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement