Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Training with the first team. Looks like they really want the kid to feel wanted.

https://twitter.com/bjoerkaas/status/540832047078858752

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

mada999 wrote: »
    why didnt they go lower numbers to higher?

My thought is that it is in order of their last appearance for the club, but that doesn't stack up with Rossiter, funnily enough Kenny played his last game for the club after Hansen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mada999 wrote: »
    why didnt they go lower numbers to higher?

It's a secert code!

Whoever breaks get season tickets for life.:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Would loved if Bren dropped Mignolet tomorrow. Jones can hardly be any worse than Mig at the moment. Team I'd like to see

................Jones
    Manquillo Skrtel Kolo Moreno
    .................Lucas
    .....Hendo...............Coutinho
    ...............Lallana
    ..........Lambert Sterling

What we're probably gonna see is
    .................Mig
    Manquillo Skrtel Kolo Johnson
    .........Hendo.....Lucas
    Sterling....Gerrard....Lallana
    ..............Lambert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Training with the first team. Looks like they really want the kid to feel wanted.

The U18s play Manchester Utd at 7 pm tonight, Liverpool thrashed them 4-0 in the first meeting, hopefully the wonderkid will be at the game to see the level he needs to aspire to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Well with his ability and age, and boy-band looks, he could be a huge commodity. So if we make a compelling story, show how we promote kids to the first team (unlike a lot of our competitors), play up the history of the club and globality of our appeal. We are in with a shout.

I still think Barca would have an advantage, but not all Scandanavian families would be comfortable moving lock-stock to a Med country. For once, England's average weather and familiarity may be an advantage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Does that say he's the Norwegian Joe Allen?

The U18s play Manchester Utd at 7 pm tonight, Liverpool thrashed them 4-0 in the first meeting, hopefully the wonderkid will be at the game to see the level he needs to aspire to!

They are playing well in attack, but still muck at the back.
    With Marsh, Canos, Wilson and Kent in front of Chirivella and Phillips (if he's back), there is a lot of goals in them...

If we are looking to impress him, watching Kent, Wilson and Canos interplay would definately do it, 3 very talented players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

djPSB wrote: »

He nutmegged Joe Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭garra

Pearson giving back abuse on Tues night, you would have sympathy for managers of clubs with limited players, he is doing a good job I reckon and its not for a lack of spirit that they are lagging behind

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/47C6D8E1F71152325828437266432_365f570a529.1.1.16544207488049909789.mp4?versionId=lsQgQ5jk0DZH5DorgggbzTpzoV_cD5SR

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

djPSB wrote: »
    Hes the norwegian welsh Xavi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dickerty wrote: »
    So if we make a compelling story, show how we promote kids to the first team (unlike a lot of our competitors), play up the history of the club and globality of our appeal. We are in with a shout.

How true is this though?

Gerrard, Carra and now Sterling.

Kelly didn't really make it and we have hope Flanno will come back in at some stage but thats a monumentally poor return over a roughlty 15 year period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

noodler wrote: »
    How true is this though?

Kelly didn't really make it and we have hope Flanno will come back in at some stage but thats a monumentally poor return over a roughlty 15 year period.

It was 'globality' that caught my eye tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

garra wrote: »
    Pearson giving back abuse on Tues night, you would have sympathy for managers of clubs with limited players, he is doing a good job I reckon and its not for a lack of spirit that they are lagging behind

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/47C6D8E1F71152325828437266432_365f570a529.1.1.16544207488049909789.mp4?versionId=lsQgQ5jk0DZH5DorgggbzTpzoV_cD5SR

I can make out twat that's about it.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    It was 'globality' that caught my eye tbh

It's a buzz word where I work!

But we do have a Global support base that City, Chelsea and Bayern don't really have. It's a selling point...

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    How true is this though?

Not about developing players who make it, just about our recent willingness to play young players in the first team. Wisdom, Ibe, Rossiter, Williams on top of the obvious ones. And them training with the first team on a regular basis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Not about developing players who make it, just about our recent willingness to play young players in the first team. Wisdom, Ibe, Rossiter, Williams on top of the obvious ones. And them training with the first team on a regular basis...

We can't really say we have shown a willigness to play any of those players bar Wisdom (even then only when we were desperate).

The rest have made the odd Carling Cup game or friendly.

If you come up through the ranks at Liverpool, the recent evidence seems to suggest you won't be good enough.

Anyway, didn't mean to bleat on but the number of Nemeths and Susos who never end up making it has always disappointed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Mig wrote: »
    Would loved if Bren dropped Mignolet tomorrow. Jones can hardly be any worse than Mig at the moment. Team I'd like to see

................Jones
    Manquillo Skrtel Kolo Moreno
    .................Lucas
    .....Hendo...............Coutinho
    ...............Lallana
    ..........Lambert Sterling

What we're probably gonna see is
    .................Mig
    Manquillo Skrtel Kolo Johnson
    .........Hendo.....Lucas
    Sterling....Gerrard....Lallana
    ..............Lambert

He can and he is. He's basically Mignolet with the agility of a 70 year granny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jones is fine for one off games. Play him 5+ games in a row, and it is asking for an absolute calamity, in all honesty.

There's a reason he spent nearly a decade on the bench for Middlesborough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Knex. wrote: »
    Jones is fine for one off games. Play him 5+ games in a row, and it is asking for an absolute calamity, in all honesty.

Wouldn't mind one absolute calamity every 5 or so games, compared to what Mignolet has been serving up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Whenever Jones is mentioned people keep saying how brutal he is. Which is a bit weird because he's done ok whenever he's actually played, not great mind but ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good post. Experience should tell us that 'only six points off it' is meaningless. It didn't matter in 2009 / 10; it didn't matter for Spurs last year. At a certain point you probably are who your results and performances say you are. Sides generally don't shake off their first half of the season and become a completely different animal with a significantly more positive ppg average down the stretch.

Utd have quality across their squad and in the dugout. I expect they will invest heavily in their defense over the coming two windows too. They are positioning themselves where they need to be - they lost a couple of years due to Ferguson's folly but they're on the long march back to the top table.

I'd like this to be the case for Liverpool, but I'm not sure that'll come to fruition. A lot can happen over the next month or two. I'm sure many a fellow United fan won't admit this, but I'm a touch concerned you lot, despite being beyond terrible this season are not far off from us in the league. It feels like Liverpool should be 10 points off from us in fourth, not the current 5 points, or 6 points from Southampton in third.

Also, didn't Benitez' Liverpool teams, one season aside generally improve in the second half of the season? I certainly remember my Liverpool supporting mates mentioning that many a time before, and in fairness to them, they were usually spot on.

Dalglish took over and Liverpool's form improved tenfold too, but circumstances were quite different considering his predecessor. On the other side of the coin, his team seemed to fall apart in his full season back.

Everton are another club over the last decade who really kicked on in the second half of the season.

Many a time, people ruled out United from winning the league under Fergie, or Arsenal from getting into the 'Top 4' by around January, but both clubs far more often than not produced the goods.

I still think 3rd and 4th are very much up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Kharrell wrote: »
    I'd like this to be the case for Liverpool, but I'm not sure that'll come to fruition. A lot can happen over the next month or two. I'm sure many a fellow United fan won't admit this, but I'm a touch concerned you lot, despite being beyond terrible this season are not far off from us in the league. It feels like Liverpool should be 10 points off from us in fourth, not the current 5 points, or 6 points from Southampton in third.

Also, didn't Benitez' Liverpool teams, one season aside generally improve in the second half of the season? I certainly remember my Liverpool supporting mates mentioning that many a time before, and in fairness to them, they were usually spot on.

Dalglish took over and Liverpool's form improved tenfold too, but circumstances were quite different considering his predecessor. On the other side of the coin, his team seemed to fall apart in his full season back.

Everton are another club over the last decade who really kicked on in the second half of the season.

Many a time, people ruled out United from winning the league under Fergie, or Arsenal from getting into the 'Top 4' by around January, but both clubs far more often than not produced the goods.

I still think 3rd and 4th are very much up for grabs.

Praising us to jinx us :o

I see what your at :P

He can and he is. He's basically Mignolet with the agility of a 70 year granny.
    At this moment I'd give him a chance. Migs pass to Cambiasso the other night was the last straw for me. Total braindead stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

My thought is that it is in order of their last appearance for the club, but that doesn't stack up with Rossiter, funnily enough Kenny played his last game for the club after Hansen.

Might be really dumb here, but number of appearances

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Mig wrote: »
    At this moment I'd give him a chance. Migs pass to Cambiasso the other night was the last straw for me. Total braindead stuff!

Self abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Might be really dumb here, but number of appearances

But that doesn't stack up with the order of the way others are sitting e.g. Kennedy.

5starpool wrote: »
    Self abuse?
    Worse. Name change request!

Some say he can kick a ball 47 yards out of play. Others say he sees only in two dimensions, and has an irrational fear of circular objects.

All we know is, he's The Mig.

Lads, I'd steer clear of that Utd V Liverpool thread for your own sanity, absolute drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

But that doesn't stack up with the order of the way others are sitting e.g. Kennedy.

Ah right, thought it was just shirt numbers

Balotelli charged for his Instagram post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Balotelli charged then. Until Dec 15th to reply. His long did Dave Whelan get to sort out his response?

I'm shocked that Balotelli has been charged by the FA. Yep, shocked is the word.

Lads, I'd steer clear of that Utd V Liverpool thread for your own sanity, absolute drivel.

Leave it there. Good to have a home for it.

If it speeds up his exit from the club it's a good thing. Providing better players are coming in of course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It's priceless. Have saved quite a few posts for future use.

So what's the story with the Irish and Norwegian lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I tried to not post then someone said Rooney would have started over Suarez who would have sat on the bench at United :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thought that thread was a Stupid Test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You thought right.

5starpool wrote: »
    Leave it there. Good to have a home for it.
    rob316 wrote: »
    I tried to not post then someone said Rooney would have started over Suarez who would have sat on the bench at United :eek:

^
    |
    |
    |
    |

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

mosstin wrote: »
    Balotelli charged then. Until Dec 15th to reply. His long did Dave Whelan get to sort out his response?

Dave Whelan is gas, in an old racist kind of way

I might get a ching-a-ling delivered tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Well I just spent half an hour reading the Man Utd thread thinking it was the other one and wondering where all the Liverpool posters were...now that's stupid.

Well I just spent half an hour reading the Man Utd thread thinking it was the other one and wondering where all the Liverpool posters were...now that's stupid.

Well done you passed the stupid test with flying carpets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If it speeds up his exit from the club it's a good thing. Providing better players are coming in of course

Nah.

With Sturridge being Injury-prone and Borini Out-of-favor, him and Lambert are the only Strikers we have Available.

And even if we did Buy a Striker in January, that will still only leave us at 3, if Sturridge is still Injured by then.

I think we're better off Keeping him, at least until Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

rob316 wrote: »

was this before or after they said berbatov was better than benzema, aguero and saurez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

It's a buzz word where I work!

But we do have a Global support base that City, Chelsea and Bayern don't really have. It's a selling point...

Sounds a makey uppy word to me

Bayern have a fairly decent reach I'd imagine in the whole globality stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Every word is a makey uppy but I hate whatabboutary.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Every word is a makey uppy but I hate whatabboutary.

What about it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement