Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Basel game dwarfs Utd game in importance.

I'll take a loss next weekend for a win during the week if I had to

I'll make that deal right now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Listening to the Sunday Supplement this moring I don't know which one of them said but he hinted that Gerrard and Rodgers don't get on at all.

If Rodgers was to get the sack I would imagine Gerrard would put his name forward for the mangers job if the likes of AVB were in the running for it as well.

If it came to it I could get on board with Gerrard as Player / Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Martin Ödegaard is training at Arsenal next week. Is he looking for a club or is he having a holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ush wrote: »
    Martin Ödegaard is training at Arsenal next week. Is he looking for a club or is he having a holiday?

He has already trained with Bayern and Madrid as well.

He is right and who ever is looking after him is right to do it this way instead of taking the biggest offer.

Look for the club that will give him the best chance to progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

No way can I choose between beating Basel or United and at the moment the way it looks we'd be lucky to get anything from either.

Next weeks game with United is a lot more than a 6 pointer for us imo as if we could win it would give us a huge much needed confidence boost and maybe put us on a long run of form.
    Our new players will never show the quality they have while playing in a team playing as we are at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Jesus christ... we don't have the money they do!! How can people not get this... we can't afford the wages.

So what is it I'm not getting. Moreno, Markovich and Ballotelli all cost just under 60 million. It seems we do have the money, we just don't know how to spend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If it came to it I could get on board with Gerrard as Player / Manager

He has never come across as fully tactically aware as a player. I wouldn't want him becoming coach for a number of years until he'd gained lots of experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Let's nip this in the bud now, in no way whatsoever should Steven Gerrard become Liverpool manager. That's a ridiculous suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ush wrote: »

He'll probably end up injured.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Let's nip this in the bud now, in no way whatsoever should Steven Gerrard become Liverpool manager. That's a ridiculous suggestion.

I don't use twitter but I'd say some clown on there has already suggested it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd kill for Benteke and/or Bony.

The Belguim strike force Benteke & Origi next season to go with Sturridge & Lambert.

That looks like a good front 4 to have and Lambert really would be 4th not 1st as he is this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

If Rodgers is sacked, then I don't want another manager who's learning on the job. We need experience, someone who has won trophies.

We also need to revisit our transfer policy. This attitude of not spending on wages is getting us no where.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The Belguim strike force Benteke & Origi next season to go with Sturridge & Lambert.

That looks like a good front 4 to have and Lambert really would be 4th not 1st as he is this season.

I'd say he is going to come in at January.

I can't see us having 20 or 30m sterling to spend, and as someone pointed out earlier, we're still being investigated by the FFP people.

Probably be something ridiculous like Origi for Borini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

noodler wrote: »
    Two goals versus one.

Getting a Leicester player sent off in a game we were struggling in.

His contribution to Johnson's goal last week.

All that in about 25%/33% of the gametime.

It isn't an opinion, it's what has happened this season.

Its what happened when Rodgers tweeked our style of play and personell .

Not comparing like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Has there been a post or newspaper article explaining why Liverpool should have kept Andy Carroll, yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Benteke isn't great when it comes to injuries either.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Has there been a post or newspaper article explaining why Liverpool should have kept Andy Carroll, yet?

Remember those 30 minutes against Chelsea?

djPSB wrote: »
    Benteke isn't great when it comes to injuries either.

So we will end up buying him then at an overinflated price :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

lol, arsenal fans telling pool fans how it works in champions league ... thought i read it wrong at first,then read it again and choked a bit on my ben n jerry's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lacazette scored another brace today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

monkey9 wrote: »

It would be hilarious to see how bad he'd be. This is the player who spent his best seasons pining to be a central midfielder when at his best playing wide right or as a number 10.

Bit strange laughing at the thought of Gerrard as a manager when he is still a player and isn't doing any coaching whatsoever. He may never even manage any team let alone Liverpool.

Very weird stick to beat him with.

It would be hilarious to see how bad he'd be. This is the player who spent his best seasons pining to be a central midfielder when at his best playing wide right or as a number 10.

Anyone saying they would get behind his appointment is doing so purely out of sentimentality.

I look forward to a good laugh when Giggs gets the United job....Liverpool better not ruin this for me by appointing Gerrard first.

According to reports, De Boer was offered the chance to interview for the Liverpool job but turned it down to remain with Ajax. "I am honoured by the request [from Liverpool] but I have only just started with Ajax," he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ajax-coach-frank-de-boer-vows-to-stay-loyal-following-approach-from-liverpool-7770339.html

I wonder would FSG go back for De Boer if they do sack Rodgers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

brevity wrote: »
    According to reports, De Boer was offered the chance to interview for the Liverpool job but turned it down to remain with Ajax. "I am honoured by the request [from Liverpool] but I have only just started with Ajax," he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ajax-coach-frank-de-boer-vows-to-stay-loyal-following-approach-from-liverpool-7770339.html

I wonder would FSG go back for De Boer if they do sack Rodgers?

Don't really understand why people are speculating still abput his potential replacement. He has until the end of the season minimum but, unless things improve, he'll propbably have to draw up another PowerPoint presentation for next season. Deserves more time for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

mosstin wrote: »
    Don't really understand why people are speculating still abput his potential replacement. He has until the end of the season minimum but, unless things improve, he'll propbably have to draw up another PowerPoint presentation for next season. Deserves more time for sure.

Crash to Basel and United which is very possible and it's Arsenal next with the pressure really mounting. I think he'll make it til the end of the season but at the moment the performances are so bad that it's hard to see any kind of turn around on the horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Lacazette scored another brace today.

Think that's 14 in 17 games now. Price tag rising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

More Lucas love:

Last two games:
    Tackles attempted - 15
    Tackles won - 14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

We have Mignnolet and Lovern who are Belgian and are poor. And now we want Benteke (whos out of form).

No Thanks.

mikeym wrote: »
    We have Mignnolet and Lovern who are Belgian and are poor. And now we wan. Benteke (whos out of form).

No Thanks.

He is Croatian

He is Croatian

My bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The lineup I'd like to see for Tuesday:

Migs

Johnson Skrtel Toure Moreno

Lucas

Henderson Lallana

Sterling

Borini Lambert

Gerrard on for Lallana.

Obviously not going to happen but you can always dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Augmerson wrote: »
    The lineup I'd like to see for Tuesday:

Migs

Johnson Skrtel Toure Moreno

Lucas

Henderson Lallana

Sterling

Borini Lambert

Gerrard on for Lallana.

Obviously not going to happen but you can always dream.

Gerrard will start and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

djPSB wrote: »
    Gerrard will start and rightly so.

As long as he doesn't start in the DM position that's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah gerrard will play off the striker id imagine, id like to see borini or sterling get a run or perhaps both as the striker/s whilst lambert has done a job he has played a lot of the glames the last couple of weeks and was ineffective on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

mikeym wrote: »
    We have Mignnolet and Lovern who are Belgian and are poor. And now we want Benteke (whos out of form).

No Thanks.

Has a goal and an assist in his last two games and has only played 6 times this season coming off a long term injury.

Only for a fantastic save by Schmeichel he'd have gotten another one this afternoon. He has shown no ill effects of the injury as demonstrated against Palace.

30 goals in 65 games playing for Villa for a 24 year old is a good return imo.

He'd add much needed power and pace to our front line and will bully most opposition defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If anyone wouldn't want Benteke they're mental. He's an amazing player.

I would want Benteke over Berahino that for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I would want Benteke over Berahino that for sure.

What about mata or Rooney?

*runs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

More Lucas love:

Last two games:
    Tackles attempted - 15
    Tackles won - 14

That can't be right surely, he has played well obviously but he made a load of fouls in both games, dodged yellows luckily too IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

What about mata or Rooney?

*runs*

As a striker over both. Rooney might be a little better in that role atm but Benteke is a lot younger. And isn't as detestable.

That can't be right surely, he has played well obviously but he made a load of fouls in both games, dodged yellows luckily too IIRC.

It doesn't count fouls. I suppose fouls aren't always tackles so maybe that's why.

We should get Van Diijk from Celtic hes playing a blinder and hes not goal shy either.

He would fit in well at Liverpool and hes too good for the Scottish League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

It doesn't count fouls. I suppose fouls aren't always tackles so maybe that's why.

Hmmmm, nah I still wanna call bs on that stat I'm afraid!

As well as the pass completion stat earlier on, I mean Mikel was leading the stats so what does that say? Easy to pass 5 yarders square all day.

Again I'm not dissing Lucas but let's not get carried away here lads, he's been slighty above average in a team of underperformers

Hmmmm, nah I still wanna call bs on that stat I'm afraid!

As well as the pass completion stat earlier on, I mean Mikel was leading the stats so what does that say? Easy to pass 5 yarders square all day.

Again I'm not dissing Lucas but let's not get carried away here lads, he's been slighty above average in a team of underperformers

Email these lads and let them know then.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/31451/Show/Lucas-Leiva

Andy Carroll's performances on MOTD the last 2 weeks have been better than his entire time at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    As a striker over both. Rooney might be a little better in that role atm but Benteke is a lot younger. And isn't as detestable.

Ah I was just joking. Imagine if Rooney joined Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Andy Carroll's performances on MOTD the last 2 weeks have been better than his entire time at Liverpool.

And Downing :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement