Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Email these lads and let them know then.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/31451/Show/Lucas-Leiva

I'm not sure if a strongly worded e-mail will suffice, so I'm thinking a strongly painted picture might do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And Downing :(

I am just waiting for Borini to go onto bigger and better things after receiving 'The Rodgers' cold shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I didn't miss one MOTD last season.

I've watched maximum 5 this season.

I don't like my apathy towards the team right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

More Lucas love:

Last two games:
    Tackles attempted - 15
    Tackles won - 14

Its funny, I am almost 100% sure he made several fouls against Leicster. Are they not attempted tackles?

EDIT: I see this was discussed above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

noodler wrote: »
    Its funny, I am almost 100% sure he made several fouls against Leicster. Are they not attempted tackles?

EDIT: I see this was discussed above.

Do ye wanna contribute to this painting I'm sending? We can make a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

SlickRic wrote: »

Yup.

The Problem seems pretty Obvious. And you know that the Team could do better, if we could just Play with 2 Strikers.

And yet the Manager is so Stubborn against it.

It's certainly very Frustrating being a LFC Supporter right now.

I have actually Reached the Point, where I have Turned Off the Game, 10 Minutes before Full Time in Disgust. And I have done it Twice already this Season.

And I have never done that, even during Hodgson's Puke Football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Yup.

The Problem seems pretty Obvious. And you know that the Team could do better, if we could just Play with 2 Strikers.

And yet the Manager is so Stubbornly against it.

It's certainly very Frustrating being a LFC Supporter right now.

I have actually Reached the Point, where I have Turned Off the Game, 10 Minutes before Full Time in Disgust. And I have done it Twice already this Season.

And I have never done that, even during Hodgson's Puke Football.

Playing with two strikers is great if you have the players. We hardly have one fit decent striker, not to mind playing with two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

djPSB wrote: »
    Playing with two strikers is great if you have the players. We hardly have one fit decent striker, not to mind playing with two.

Borini and Lambert? That's 2.

What's even more Frustrating is that Borini isn't even on the Bench. We could have certainly use him, to replace Lambert. Whenever that one, Ran out of Gas. Which is pretty much every Game.

What happens if Lambert gets Injured in the Game, who do we Bring? Gerrard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

What amazes me about Lucas is the amount of cynical fouling he gets through before he picks up a card , refs just seem to love him and want to give him the benefit of the doubt far more then they do with other players. He kept a clean sheet card wise against leicester and was looking like getting away with a stonewall yellow against Sunderland before one of their players had a word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

People always go on about Lucas fouling but consider this... We have no ball retention going at all, no possession game. The ball is continuously coming back at the defence and he is run off his feet trying to protect them. He's doing a brilliant job.

The one thing i'll say is it seems Rodgers sometimes makes up his about a player and is then very stubborn about giving them a chance. Lucas got his chance again cos the fans were screaming for him to give up on his disastrous Gerrard experiment. He was lucky to get that chance and he's done brilliantly like I thoughnhe would. He's technically good and has great heart and spirit.

It doesnt look like Borini will get another chance, Rodgers seems to have it in for him for some reason - I suspect Borini fecked him out of it. Look what happened to Agger. Reina possibly too (yes, he said he'd have to think if Barca came in for him). I hope Suso will get a shot when he's back but not sure Rodgers likes him.

He's a stubborn baśtard, but I guess you have to be a bit to be a good manager. Problem is when you get to a situation when the fan base is almost unanimous in clamouring for an obvious solution, it takes ages to be implemented and then it clearly works (Gerrard out of DM, Lucas in and Lovren dropped, Toure in). Makes the manager look a little slow.

I like Rodgers and sympathise with him a bit with how some things have worked out this season but he needs to be a step ahead, not behind. He's lost a lot of the dynamism he gave us previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Augmerson wrote: »
    The lineup I'd like to see for Tuesday:

Migs

Johnson Skrtel Toure Moreno

Lucas

Henderson Lallana

Sterling

Borini Lambert

Gerrard on for Lallana.

Obviously not going to happen but you can always dream.

What about going with Gerrard as a striker ?

He has a good shot on him so it could work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

SlickRic wrote: »

You're not the only one, I feel sick watching it now. Even when we win as our performance is usually sub par and the last thing i need is Robbie Savage telling ANY football player they played badly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Amazing to think that we're still within 5 points of top 4 despite playing awfully. With that said though, the time for complacency is coming to an end. We play our two main rivals for the CL spots in the next two weeks and if we lose both games, then our top 4 chances are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Amazing to think that we're still within 5 points of top 4 despite playing awfully. With that said though, the time for complacency is coming to an end. We play our two main rivals for the CL spots in the next two weeks and if we lose both games, then our top 4 chances are gone.

Well Utd havent played yet and what is a 4pt gap now could be a 7pt gap tonight and a 10pt gap next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

gafferino wrote: »
    Well Utd havent played yet and what is a 4pt gap now could be a 7pt gap tonight and a 10pt gap next weekend.

Yeah, that gap will be 7 this evening and then I can't see Liverpool beating Manchester United coming off a tough midweek game that Liverpool must simply win to stay in the CL. Rodgers will have to throw everything at that....this time next week it will be a 10 point gap.

Dayum wrote: »
    Yeah, that gap will be 7 this evening and then I can't see Liverpool beating Manchester United coming off a tough midweek game that Liverpool must simply win to stay in the CL. Rodgers will have to throw everything at that....this time next week it will be a 10 point gap.

Unfortunately I think so too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we lose tomorrow the heads will be really down for the UTD match on Sunday.

Vicxas wrote: »
    If we lose tomorrow the heads will be really down for the UTD match on Sunday.

I suppose the one good thing about the next 8 days is that it will define Liverpools season. There won't be any "if's", "buts" or "maybes" about it anymore. Next Monday the club can sit down with a clear picture as to what is realistically achievable and what they want out of their season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

jasonb wrote: »
    For the day that's in it...

J.

Yeah! ****ing Grosse Point Blank! Classic movie. Ok. Gotta be relevant...

This is Borini outside Rodger's gaff last night trying to change his mind.

giphy.gif

Seriously Borini has to play some part this week. He is not a world beater, he will not score a hat trick, but he has to at least make the ****ing bench considering we need goals Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Yeah! ****ing Grosse Point Blank! Classic movie. Ok. Gotta be relevant...

This is Borini outside Rodger's gaff last night trying to change his mind.

giphy.gif

Seriously Borini has to play some part this week. He is not a world beater, he will not score a hat trick, but he has to at least make the ****ing bench considering we need goals Tuesday.

I think Rodgers is so desperate he will probably come on himself against Basel.

An accident with the hairdryer?!

Did it eat it?

Utd are 13/8 ish to beat S'ton, significantly less chance than a coin toss.

Tuesday's game is at home, Utd game is on Sunday, 4 full days in between them.

Folks in here are ridiculously pessimistic, I'd be reckoning Utd will draw tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I think Rodgers is so desperate he will probably come on himself against Basel.

I tried so hard not to do this but:

f20b5_ORIG-randy_marsh_jizz.jpg

But yeah Borini needs to get a chance over the next 2 games, if only to give Rickie Lambert a break.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Utd win tonight we are 7 points behind 4th, yes, but I don't expect Southampton or West Ham to keep up their current form so it's really Arsenal we are looking at. If we lose to Utd next weekend we are up against it to catch them but still a long way to go. People had Chelsea running away with the league by a record margin a couple of weeks ago, now they are only 3 points ahead. Things change quickly in football.

The only thing that hasn't changed this season is the quality/threat of our football :(

5starpool wrote: »
    If Utd win tonight we are 7 points behind 4th, yes, but I don't expect Southampton or West Ham to keep up their current form so it's really Arsenal we are looking at. If we lose to Utd next weekend we are up against it to catch them but still a long way to go. People had Chelsea running away with the league by a record margin a couple of weeks ago, now they are only 3 points ahead. Things change quickly in football.

The only thing that hasn't changed this season is the quality/threat of our football :(

This is the worrying bit. If were showing signs of coming out of this slump then I would be more optimistic. The only thing I am holding onto is that in both of Rodgers seasons so far we have improved markedly in the second half of both seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

At least we now look like we have found a good first 11 in terms of defending. Fingers crossed that sticks. Huge test against United at Old Trafford though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If utd win tonight we are 6 pts behind 4th place which will be West ham. No matter what result happens tonight we will be 6 pts behind whatever team is in 4th. I agree arsenal and Utd are the ones to worry about so hopefully utd drop pts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If I was Rodgers and we had very little/no money to spend I'd look at bringing Origi back from his loan and bringing in someone like Robbie Keane/Jermaine Defoe on Loan from the MLS.

We have been decent at the back the last few games. We need to start doing something up front now.

Basel must be thinking coming into this game that they can sit back and shut us out easily enough whilst waiting to hit us on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If I was Rodgers and we had very little/no money to spend I'd look at bringing Origi back from his loan and bringing in someone like Robbie Keane/Jermaine Defoe on Loan from the MLS.

We have been decent at the back the last few games. We need to start doing something up front now.

Basel must be thinking coming into this game that they can sit back and shut us out easily enough whilst waiting to hit us on the counter.

Defoe anyway.

Not sure Keane's body could take giving up the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Your living up to your name. Defoe maybe. Keane no chance.

I love Keane. It was tragic how Benitez treated him.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Your living up to your name. Defoe maybe. Keane no chance.

Rather than trying to insinuate that I am trolling why don't you offer your opinion as to why you disagree with me.

At the moment we have Lambert up front on his. Despite his 2 recent goals and assist it is certainly papering over how inept and out of depth he actually is.

Keane or Defoe would be a no brainer in my opinion. There are a host of premier league clubs who would take either for 2/3 months at this moment in time, I don't think we are in any position to look down our noses at anyone having scored 19 goals in 15 games. Take out Leicester, QPR and Spurs and we have 10 goals in 12 games.

We've failed to score against Newcastle, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Hull 3 of those 4 games being at home.

I'd take any striker at this moment in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If Utd win tonight we are 7 points behind 4th, yes, but I don't expect Southampton or West Ham to keep up their current form

Em...if United win tonight then Southampton's current form would be 1pt from the last 4 games and 3 defeats on the trot in the league.

Unless we sign some clinical strikers we won't be within 10 points off 4th tbh.

rarnes1 wrote: »

+1

And Rodgers is surely not oblivious to this fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Totallly agree, never forgave benitez after that show of stubbornness. Imo cost us the league that season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rather than trying to insinuate that I am trolling why don't you offer your opinion as to why you disagree with me.

At the moment we have Lambert up front on his. Despite his 2 recent goals and assist it is certainly papering over how inept and out of depth he actually is.

Keane or Defoe would be a no brainer in my opinion. There are a host of premier league clubs who would take either for 2/3 months at this moment in time, I don't think we are in any position to look down our noses at anyone having scored 19 goals in 15 games. Take out Leicester, QPR and Spurs and we have 10 goals in 12 games.

We've failed to score against Newcastle, Aston Villa, Sunderland, Hull 3 of those 4 games being at home.

I'd take any striker at this moment in time.
    I was joking relax.
    Keane is too slow,too weak to do anything in the PL anymore. We seen how Lambert has mostly struggled & Balotelli too as we were so used to mobile strikers.
    Defoe could maybe do something but he was let go by Spurs for a reason as je was on the decline & losing some of his pace.
    They wouldn't be no brainer signings more like last resort if we are restricted by FFP.

e.r wrote: »
    Totallly agree, never forgave benitez after that show of stubbornness. Imo cost us the league that season

Didn't we win 11 and draw 1 from our last 12 that season after Keane was sold.

Always find that a lazy argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hopefully its not some player going through a purple patch either. Need to get in some proven players.

We have a slow Lambert and Ballotelli and need a pacey striker similar to Sturridge and Keane is the answer?

Methamphetamine Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

e.r wrote: »

No it didn't. We hardly dropped a point after selling Keane back to Spurs. He would of made no difference in the run in.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I was joking relax.
    Keane is too slow,too weak to do anything in the PL anymore. We seen how Lambert has mostly struggled & Balotelli too as we were so used to mobile strikers.
    Defoe could maybe do something but he was let go by Spurs for a reason as je was on the decline & losing some of his pace.
    They wouldn't be no brainer signings more like last resort if we are restricted by FFP.

We need to bring in another striker. Its rumoured that Sunderland are still interested in Boirini. If we could get £9-£10m for him we may have something to play with.

That aside we are scraping the barrel in my opinion looking for options. Balotelli and Sturridge need to be got back fit as quickly as possible and play the two of them up front together when they are.

We have a slow Lambert and Ballotelli and need a pacey striker similar to Sturridge and Keane is the answer?

Methamphetamine Monday?

Balotelli is far from slow. His movement wouldn't be the best. Keane isn't certainly an ideal fit, far from it. But we don't exactly have Reus, Cavani and Higuain's agents beating down our door at this moment.

We need someone up there with a little bit of movement to drag defenders a bit to create some space. Lambert made me hate football at the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

J Mysterio wrote: »

I've said it before, he should have never been signed, but when we had him Rafa should have made the most of him and not shunted him out in January. If I recall that season we were just down to Torres, Kuyt and Babel as our main strikers with N'Gog as backup (!). After he was loaned back to Spurs we had draws against Man City and lost to Boro in which Keane would have been a useful asset.

At the same time, lads have said to me, that while Keane was with us, he played against Fulham (0-0), West Ham (0-0), Stoke (0-0), Aston Villa (0-0) and had he scored in either of those and won us the match we would have won the title in the long run.

I don't think that's very fair though as he was a sub in (I think) all of those games and Gerrard was playing in his role at the time (I also think).

• Advertisement

I've said it before, he should have never been signed, but when we had him Rafa should have made the most of him and not shunted him out in January. If I recall that season we were just down to Torres, Kuyt and Babel as our main strikers with N'Gog as backup (!). After he was loaned back to Spurs we had draws against Man City and lost to Boro in which Keane would have been a useful asset.

At the same time, lads have said to me, that while Keane was with us, he played against Fulham (0-0), West Ham (0-0), Stoke (0-0), Aston Villa (0-0) and had he scored in either of those and won us the match we would have won the title in the long run.

I don't think that's very fair though as he was a sub in (I think) all of those games and Gerrard was playing in his role at the time (I also think).

A goal or two in either of those games and how different things could have been for Keane and LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Dunno about you guys but the news of Man City's new academy and training complex, and seeing it in all its glory on the news this morning, is more depressing than the current state of affairs at LFC. I'm am green with envy - we will never be able to compete with these guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What do people think of bolassi from palace, id love to see him with us

I just remember him getting feck all starts. When he did start, had a good game or scored, he would still be dropped.

He got 5 in 19 which, while not the best record, is not terrible and most of those apps where probably off the bench late on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement