Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning in OP, 10/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Good old Robbie.

MLSMVP

https://vine.co/v/OrJOtpwDqIq

Love the dude behind in a woolie hat and safety goggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Balotelli, Markovic, Lallana, Can, Assaidi, Sahin, Aspas.

His unhappiness would hold more weight with me if his chosen ones had performed any better.

Really?? I thought Markovic and Lallana were Brendans signings?

pmy.murphy wrote: »

When it comes to signings I believe very little of what I hear. BR is just trying to cover his own ass by blaming "other people's" signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The only player this summer that might not be a Rodgers signing for me would be Balotelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

When it comes to signings I believe very little of what I hear. BR is just trying to cover his own ass by blaming "other people's" signings

I've never seen him at any point say any of the players there were someone else's signings.

Every mention i've heard of this has come from a 'less-than-reliable' third party.

The closest he's come to it is Balotelli, where he quite clearly still had been part of the decision to buy him, but that he'd have preferred another option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Good old Robbie.

MLSMVP

https://vine.co/v/OrJOtpwDqIq

Love the dude behind in a woolie hat and safety goggles

Health & Safety gone mad.

Fair play Robbie boy, the MLS aint all that but you still need to play at a decent level to have scored and assisted like a beast this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

He knows as much as anyone outside the club, diddly squat, you can pick names at random yourself and bandy them around as fact too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lallana had all the hallmarks of being one but the treatment of him since he came in makes me think he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Augmerson wrote: »
    Sterling is the father.

Hijacking my thanks whoring, ya little bollocks.

:pac:

Outstanding contribution nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »

Outstanding contribution nonetheless!

I don't like the way he threw it out there as a fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Lallana had all the hallmarks of being one but the treatment of him since he came in makes me think he's not.

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Away to AFC Wimbledon in FA Cup

Is there a no flags protest planned for the Kop tomorrow ? Good idea to protest the price of tickets BUT
    I think a make or break Champions League match when you need the place buzzing could be the wrong time to hold said protest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The crazy gang? Yeah.

EDIT:It's not the crazy gang,is it? That's MK Dons. I got confused...nothing to see here...move along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

AFC Wimbledon away in the cup, one of them seasons huh? :pac:

Skrtel v ...

B4W0ujWCUAAr0ux.jpg

:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The crazy gang? Yeah.

EDIT:It's not the crazy gang,is it? That's MK Dons. I got confused...nothing to see here...move along.

No you're right. AFC Wimbledon is the crazy gang. MK Dons are the franchise/giant killers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That Mike Bernard fella is a total spoofer.
    Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg · Jun 1
    I can go on record and say one signing is a genuine world class marquee player who will certainly cost a large amount of money.
    Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg · Jun 5
    It is quite feasible for the club to break the club transfer record this summer and it seems more likely as the window goes on (5)
    Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg · Jul 27
    After the collapse of the Loic Remy deal, LFC will now target ONE of Bony/Lacazette who will cost £19m or £16m respectively.
    Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg · Aug 15
    Samuel Eto'o is a very distant target. He is seen as an absolute last resort should the club fail to bring in Bony this month (7)
    Mike Bernard @mikebernard_fsg · Aug 25
    Mario Balotelli, Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic will improve us offensively. A very exciting new offense to look forward to at the club.

Just so much bull$hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Prepare for lots of clips from the 88 Cup Final were everyone does not mention the perfectly good goal that was disallowed for Liverpool when it was still 0-0:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Was the Bony to Liverpool transfer ever a serious runner? I know it's easy in hindsight but it looks like he'd have been a much better investment than a lot of the players they bought.

Top scorer in the premiership in 2014. A real modern number 9 who's strong, quick and good in the air. I suppose whether he'd make the step up to the bigger club is another question. I think he'd be a good signing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Was the Bony to Liverpool transfer ever a serious runner? I know it's easy in hindsight but it looks like he'd have been a much better investment than a lot of the players they bought.

Top scorer in the premiership in 2014. A real modern number 9 who's strong, quick and good in the air. I suppose whether he'd make the step up to the bigger club is another question. I think he'd be a good signing though.

Would love him nd was surprised in ended up in swansea ( no dissrepect)
    Watching utd and southhsmpton and neither look brilliant, uts shocking liverpool are soo far off the pace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

What are the chances of getting tickets to the Wimbledon game? Will be in London that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Watching RvP's goal against Southampton. Can't help but feel that if the last man back had slid in he may have been able to hook it off the line. Far too many defenders seem unwilling to risk an own goal on their jacket in an effort to stop a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I'd have Bony at the club in a heartbeat, he's a beast of a forward. Bullies defenders and has a powerful shot. But I still don't understand why the club seem to be looking at players that are so different to the style we played last year. Why are we not looking at players that play on defenders shoulders looking to make runs in behind constantly, and have high a workrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

gafferino wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting tickets to the Wimbledon game? Will be in London that week.

Stadium is only 2,265 seated apparently!

Utd are awful...we're awful...Sunday could be brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United play as bad as I've seen them play but they show the importance of having a top striker who can win games out of nothing. That's what we had last season and made us so hard to beat.
    It's not too late for this to be a successful season but a top striker needs to be bought in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Watching RvP's goal against Southampton. Can't help but feel that if the last man back had slid in he may have been able to hook it off the line. Far too many defenders seem unwilling to risk an own goal on their jacket in an effort to stop a goal.

Dunno, but two soft soft goals. Liverpool-style performance from Southampton at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Doesn't Bony still have the 19m release clause? If so we have to try & get rod of Borini & get Bony in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Having real quality up front covers up for so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rob316 wrote: »
    United play as bad as I've seen them play but they show the importance of having a top striker who can win games out of nothing. That's what we had last season and made us so hard to beat.
    It's not too late for this to be a successful season but a top striker needs to be bought in January.

United have won 5 on the trot and I think they probably deserved to win only 2 of those games. At a push. As you said even if you are playing like muck, good strikers can win you games you don't deserve to win. Happened for us occasionally last season, especially during the first half of the season when we nicked some wins. Of course being handed gifts also helps.

United are not good but they are winning games. We are not good but we're not winning. I'd prefer to be the former than the latter at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Milkers wrote: »
    Having real quality up front covers up for so much.

Yep.

There's is alot of ifs or buts but we could easily have a few more wins if we had Sturridge fit. He is a special player and can win games out of nothing.

Players get injured all the time and Sturridge has had a torrid time of it. The criminal thing is after spending 110m we still don't have a player to come in and replace him who is half as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

A decent striker will drag you through tough game and bad patches of form.

Lambert will go down with you and drag you under to make sure like a 20stone man who can't swim

Lambert has done more than most expected, I reckon there's more to come too, hopefully in the next two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sunday could be a real bore fest.

• Advertisement

On a positive outlook... Three points gained on Southampton!

(Potentially)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

SlickRic wrote: »
    Bolasie shouldn't even be in the club's thinking if it's actually serious about competing.

give me a break.

he's done fúck all to merit a big move.

Exactly, maybe if he's banging in 15 goals a season but until then not a chance.

Just been reading the Southampton V Utd match thread and safe to say I'll be avoiding Sundays one like the plague.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    On a positive outlook... Three points gained on Southampton!

(Potentially)

How do you work that one out?

Either way finishing ahead of Southampton shouldn't be our aim at any point as they will finish 7th at very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just been reading the Southampton V Utd match thread and safe to say I'll be avoiding Sundays one like the plague.

One for tomorrow will be a car crash if Liverpool don't get a positive result

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    How do you work that one out?

Either way finishing ahead of Southampton shouldn't be our aim at any point as they will finish 7th at very best.

Got it a little wrong, but I wasn't being very serious anyhow.

2 points gained on Southampton would be correct. And of course that's not our goal for the year, as they won't be 4th or 5th come the season's end.

• Just been reading the Southampton V Utd match thread and safe to say I'll be avoiding Sundays one like the plague.

In fairness it was fairly tame.
    Actually I will give props to lord troll I was surprised at what I was reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The match thread is up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Should have bought Shane Long. He's the one of the only premiership players who worked as hard up front as Luis Suarez in harrassing and pressuring defenders.

Rickie Lambert :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We're not scoring goals, and some of the suggestions to fix our problems from today are:
    Jermaine Defoe
    Robbie Keane
    Shane Long.

Funny there lad but one of our problems is that last season we caused havok by presurising from the front - that allowed players like Coutinho and Sterling to find space to kill.

Suarez was an incredibly incisive player, but one of his best assets wad that he never stopped working, never gave the opposition defence time to rest.

Tell me - what current premiership strikers do that?

Long does do that. He may not be super brilliant but he would have worked in our team. Better than Lambert anyway and definitely better suited to us than Balotelli.

Also, you may think 'ah you like him cos he's Irish' but Koeman bought him for £12 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Also, you may think 'ah you like him cos he's Irish' but Koeman bought him for £12 million.

Might not have necessarily been a Koeman signing going on the way lots of clubs operate these days.

In fact I doubt Koeman knew too much about him as a player before he signed.

Might have to start looking at dates and such. I'm sure Koeman gave approval at the very least.

Nonetheless, any team would like a Shane Long available.

Doesn't matter, my point is regards Liverpool and its valid. £12 for Long, £16 for Balotelli?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Should have bought Shane Long. He's the one of the only premiership players who worked as hard up front as Luis Suarez in harrassing and pressuring defenders.

Rickie Lambert :pac:

Seriously... Shane Long.
    Really....You're not comparing him to Suarez.
    Luis was a born fighter.
    He was a very determined player with an incredible work rate,
    but he also could play, the skill he showed last season with the different
    type of goals he produced, will probably never be witnessed again.

Tevez, Sanchez and Rooney are players that I might compare with Suarez but not Shane Long.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement